My talk at FullStackFest, 4.9.2017. Become more familiar with managing infrastructure using Terraform, Packer and deployment pipeline. Code repository - https://github.com/antonbabenko/terraform-deployment-pipeline-talk
Terraform in deployment pipeline
by Anton Babenko
I am Anton Babenko, and I enjoy:
● AWS & DevOps
● AWS User Group Norway and DevOpsDays Oslo organizer
● Solve problems
“Getting Started with Terraform”,
terraform-community-modules, Terraform modules generator
(Terrapin), and more…
1. Become more familiar with managing infrastructure using CD pipeline
2. See scenarios of integrating Terraform and Packer
3. How to structure infrastructure code?
4. How to version your infrastructure between environments and make it DRY?
Goals of this talk
Do you know?
● Infrastructure as code?
● Deployment pipeline?
● Pipeline as code?
Write, plan, and create infrastructure as code Build automated machine images
Demo - infrastructure as code and deployment pipeline
● Use linters (tflint), coding styles (fmt), pre-commit hooks
● Automate (no excuses)
● Terraform workspaces, Terragrunt, Atlantis by Hootsuite (super!)
● Version & release infrastructure as the app code
● Using pipelines to manage environments with infrastructure as code by Kief