Customer Perception For Services:
•Provide a solid basis for understanding what influences
customer perceptions of service and the relationships among
customer satisfaction, service quality, and individual service
•Demonstrate the importance of customer satisfaction—what
it is, the factors that influence it, and the significant outcomes
resulting from it.
WHO IS A CUSTOMER…..
Anyone who receives the company’s services,
external customers (outside the organization,
business customers, suppliers, partners, end
internal customers (inside the organization, e.g.,
other departments, fellow employees)
CUSTOMER PERCEPTION OF QUALITY AND
FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE
•Specific product or service features
•Attributions for service success or failure
•Perceptions of equity or fairness
•Other consumers, family members, and coworkers
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CUSTOMER
SATISFACTION AND LOYALTY
•The customer’s judgment of overall excellence of the
service provided in relation to the quality that was
•Process and outcome quality are both important.
WHAT IS QUALITY
•Conformance to standards
• Conformance to specifications
• Service quality is a term which describes a comparison
of expectations from service with its performance
.• The difference between what customers expect and
what they perceive themselves to be receiving”.
• Improved service quality may increase economic
The Five Dimensions of
1. Reliability Ability to perform the promised
service dependably and accurately.
2. Assurance Knowledge and courtesy of
employees and their ability to convey
trust and confidence.
3. Tangibles Physical facilities, equipment, and
appearance of personnel.
4. Empathy Caring, individualized attention the
firm provides its customers.
5. Responsiveness Willingness to help customers and
provide prompt service.
1. Providing service as promised
2. Dependability in handling customers’ service problems
3. Performing services right the first time
4. Providing services at the promised time
5. Maintaining error-free records
1.Keeping customers informed as to when services will be
2.Prompt service to customers
3.Willingness to help customers
4.Readiness to respond to customers’ requests
1. Employees who instill confidence in customers
2. Making customers feel safe in their transactions
3. Employees who are consistently courteous
4. Employees who have the knowledge to answer customer
1. Giving customers individual attention
2. Employees who deal with customers in a caring fashion
3. Having the customer’s best interest at heart
4. Employees who understand the needs of their customers
5. Convenient business hours
1. Modern equipment
2. Visually appealing facilities
3. Employees who have a neat, professional appearance
4. Visually appealing materials associated with the service