Fire Chief’sFire Chief’s
WebEOC UpdateWebEOC Update
Phase IPhase I - A regional instance of WebEOC connects the Region.- A regional instance of WebEOC connects the Region.
Phase II -Phase II - County instances installed & linked via WebFusion Server.County instances installed & linked via WebFusion Server.
Phase IIIPhase III - Municipal and partner agencies use is expanded.- Municipal and partner agencies use is expanded.
• System Administrator TrainingSystem Administrator Training Oct 08Oct 08
• Regional System Fully Operational Dec 08Regional System Fully Operational Dec 08
• County System Installation Mar 09County System Installation Mar 09
• County Fully Operational / May 09County Fully Operational / May 09
User TrainingUser Training
• Used Successfully for RegionalUsed Successfully for Regional July 09July 09
Terrorism ExerciseTerrorism Exercise
• WebFusion Implementation Dec 09WebFusion Implementation Dec 09
• System Customization OngoingSystem Customization Ongoing
• Further Municipal Dev. & Training Feb. 2010Further Municipal Dev. & Training Feb. 2010
• Now over 700 usersNow over 700 users
• System consists of individual “Boards”System consists of individual “Boards”
• Each board has a specific purposeEach board has a specific purpose
• A position or group of positions in theA position or group of positions in the
system must be responsible forsystem must be responsible for
entering and in some casesentering and in some cases
maintaining the information.maintaining the information.
• Information can be imported intoInformation can be imported into
the system to reduce data entry timethe system to reduce data entry time
Position Log & Significant Events
Position Log –– Documents Activity ofDocuments Activity of
individual positions during an incident.individual positions during an incident.
Significant Events – Position Log entries– Position Log entries
that need to be shared with other positions.that need to be shared with other positions.
County Mission Task
• Mission/Task – Request, Assign and Track– Request, Assign and Track
Missions or TasksMissions or Tasks
Our Next Step … WebFusion
• WebFusion allows WebEOC installations to be
linked (County, Municipal, etc.) so information
can be shared.
• Examples of Information that can be shared
with neighboring Counties:
• Activation LevelActivation Level
• Evacuation Decisions/TimelinesEvacuation Decisions/Timelines
• Impacts to InfrastructureImpacts to Infrastructure
• Shelter Locations, Capacities and StatusShelter Locations, Capacities and Status
• Opening/Closing EOC, Govt. Offices, etcOpening/Closing EOC, Govt. Offices, etc
• WebEOC is NOT an out of the box solution.
• Boards have been designed and customized
to meet our processes
• Interfaces can and have be built with other
systems for a “One Stop Shop” system
• The quality of the system is based on the
quality and quantity of the information
• We are encouraging daily or regular use
Matthew CroninMatthew Cronin
Palm Beach CountyPalm Beach County
Division of Emergency ManagementDivision of Emergency Management
MCronin@pbcgov.orgMCronin@pbcgov.org or 561-712-6320or 561-712-6320
General Questions or IssuesGeneral Questions or Issues