• Influenced by the thinking of :
• Robin DeRosa @actualham
• John Seely Brown @jseelybrown
• Martin Weller @mweller
• Grainne Conole @gconole and various others.
An alternative Mini-MOOC focused on the main
elements of the text.
Structured by chapter.
Resources are mainly repurposable and open.
'Everyone has the right to education' Adams
Questions that encourage problem solving and
higher level thinking.
Confusion is expected during complex learning.
Lehman, D'Mello (2014).
The opportunity to work collaboratively.
According to employers teamwork is a critical
skill for the future. (Lombardi, 2007)
Collaboration for meaningful learning:
Bidirectional interaction between student, teacher
• Adams Becker, S. et al. (2018) Horizon Report 2018 Higher Education Edition.
Louisville. doi: 978-1-933046-01-3.
• D’Mello, S. et al. (2014) ‘Confusion can be beneficial for learning’, Learning and
Instruction, 29(January), pp. 153–170. doi: 10.1016/j.learninstruc.2012.05.003.
• Lombardi, M. M. (2007) Authentic Learning for the 21st Century: An Overview.
Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/220040581.
• Grahame, M., William, M. and Anderson, G. (2003) HANDBOOK OF DISTANCE
Posters created by Annette Hendley