Salesforce Wellington User Group - August 2022 - Salesforce integration without code
Aug. 26, 2022•0 likes•47 views
Download to read offline
Salesforce Wellington User Group - August 2022 - Salesforce integration without code. We welcomed David Smith, leader of the Auckland Salesforce developer group. The focus of this session was Salesforce integration with no code.
○ Medium level
● Declarative methods of integration
○ Integration Platform as a Service
○ External Services
○ Mulesoft Composer
● Integration Platform as a Service
● Tool that allows you to tie web services together.
● Allows you to integrate without writing code.
● Takes care of all the complicated JSON and other web stuﬀ.
● MuleSoft, Jitterbit, Make.com (Integromat), Zapier, Boomi
6. More integration options
● External services
○ Download a file that describes the API, and import it into Salesforce
○ Call external API’s directly from flows.
● Mulesoft Composer
○ Directly integrated into Salesforce
○ Limited number of integrations, but customisable inside that framework
○ Trigger directly from editor, without needing flows.
○ Live interface into external data
○ Hard to justify without direct requirement - mainly industries.
8. Make.com (Formally Integromat)
● Entry level Integration platform.
● Lots of existing connectors.
● Easy to integrate when connector doesn’t exist.
● Free plan allows full use of platform for rapid prototyping.
1. Action: How do you trigger an action?
○ Ben Stokes
● What happens at the end of the process?
● What options do we have?
● How do we close the loop?
10. Demo -
Can I build a Google docs
integration in under 4 mins?