Rules• 20 questions in the prelims• Questions 15-20 are starred and would be used in case of a tie• 6 teams would qualify for the finals• Quizmaster’s discretion would be final.• Use of mobile phones and internet (Googling etc.) during the prelims is strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification.• Participants are expected to quiz in the spirit of quizzing• Audience is requested not to litter the venue• No food/drinks are allowed inside the venue• Smoking and consumption of Alcohol/Tobacco/Illegal Drugs is strictly prohibited in the campus/auditorium/canteen/buses• ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE!• Happy Quizzing!
1. The Nice Guy Who Finished First is the biography of which cricketer?
3. Born on October 25, 1984 in California. I changed my name as it sounded similar to Kate Hudson. I recorded my first album at the age of 15 for the Christian music label Red Hill. I have a German, Portuguese, Irish and English ancestry and I’m popular for my unconventional style of dressing. Who am I?
8. The device opens an adjustable flap on the rear wing of the car (which when closed creates more downforce for greatercornering) to reduce downforce, thus giving a pursuing car more speed and a greater chance of overtaking a car in front. What?
9. Where would one be if he/she isat the 8th Avenue between 31st and 33rd streets in Manhattan?
10. The Hollywood movie TheExpendables 2 will have a cameo by which prolific sportsperson. Who?
11. X played the role of the pizzadelivery man in Home Delivery(2005) Y played the role of the Director of Mohabbat Man in Om Shanti Om
17. Who has been awarded theDada Saheb Phalke Award for the year 2012?
18. This song charted at No.2 in the UK singles chart and is inspired from the 1985 Kate Bush song ‘Running Up That Hill. The band never play it live and its lead singeradmits that it his least favorite song inspite of it being one of the highest selling singles of the band. Id the song
19. Which stadium located on the banks of River Thames and next to Bishop’sPark, this stadium has been used by theAustralian National Football Team due to a large expatriate population living in England and hosted the Womans Champions League Final in 2011?
20. Who is the painter as depicted in the 2011 movie The Adventures of Tintin? Video clip
Rules• 6 questions based on minimalist posters, parodies and magazine covers.• Teams have to write down the answer on the sheet of paper that they are provided with.• Teams will exchange answer sheets at the end of the round• +10 for every correct answer. No negative marking.• Audience is requested to be patient enough to wait for their turn• Quizmaster’s decision is final
Rules• Six questions on infinite bounce• +10 for every right answer• Audience is requested to be patient enough to wait for the audience question.• Quizmaster’s discretion is final• Brickbats/Bouquets for the quizmasters’ will be welcome after the quiz
1. It was the only no.1 hit of the band in USA and consists of only three chords and is amongst the Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. The girlfriends of all the band members were shown in its video and a part of the guitar solo was removed from the music video to make it moremarketable eventually drawing the ire of the band members. Identify this very famous song for which Channel V made a Hindustani cover using sitars and tablas
2. This club was the first football club topurposely build a football stadium and alsoboast the fact that their 1936 game againstArsenal was the first ever televised football match. Identify this club which has beensemi-officially nicknamed as ‘The People’s Club’.
3. Written by Tony Britten, X is an adaptation of George Frideric Handels Zadok the Priest .X hasbeen rendered in three different languages namelyEnglish, German and French. All girl band All Angels were the last to perform it live. id X
4. X is an animation depicting a drop of steel from a steelworks in Bolton. X is a tribute to the Stoke Mandeville Hospital whichorganised the Stoke Mandeviile Games whichis widely regarded as the inspiration of Y. Id X & Y.
5. Portayed by Isaac Feaunati in the movieInvictus, this player stunned the world whenhe scored four tries against the English in the 1995 World Cup prompting the Englishskipper to quip ‘He is a freak and the sooner he goes away the better ‘. Who is this rugby superstar?
2. The famous contra characters,Bill Rizer and Lance Bean fight well in the contra to defeat the red falcon.... On what real life celebrities are these characters based???
3. "I will love it if we beat them!Love it!” Who said this and to whom was it directed towards?
4. Who played Yakub Memon inAnurag Kashyap’s BlackFriday?
5. In a 1994 test match against South Africa at TheOval, he was hit on the helmet by a Fanie de Villiersbouncer which riled him and he uttered the famouswords ‘You guys are history’ to the South African slipcordon. He hit back with a devastating spell of 9-57 which is the best bowling spell by an English fast bowler. Id this bowler whose performance was included in Channel 4’s 100 Greatest Sporting Moments.
6. . Billings Artworks Ltd., with the help ofSemco Industries, created a custom alloy of zinc and aluminium which they namedGramium. For what specific purpose was thisalloy developed? It continues to be used for the same.
7. He is a product of the Akhil Bharatiya Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram and his family belongs to the Ahari tribe. He represented India at the 1988 Seoul Olympics and the1992 Barcelona Olympics where he missedout on the bronze medal by a single point inhis event. He was awarded the Arjuna Awad in 1991 and has been associated with TATA and PNB. Identify this Olympian.
1. An inspiring speech by Obdulio Varela was the motivation behind the winning team’s stunning performance. His most memorable line was, “Muchachos, los de afuera son de palo. Que comience la función”, which could be translated as "Boys, outsiders are to be disregarded (literally, "made of wood"). Letthe show begin". This match has been termed as Maracanazo. What am I talking about?
Uruguay beating Brazil in the 1950 World Cup Final
6. This South African swimmer created history in 2002Manchester CWG when she won both the multi-disability 50 m freestyle and the multi-disability 100m freestyle in world record time. She then went on to qualify for the 800m able bodied freestyle final, the first time that an athlete withdisability had qualified for the finals of an able bodied event. She was honored with the first David Dixon Award for theOutstanding Athlete of the Games. Identify this inspirational swimmer