1. JOB DETAILS
Job Title : Salesforce Administrator
Department : Technology Services
Reports to : Head of Technology
Salary grade : D
2. PURPOSE OF JOB
Following our recent migration, the Salesforce Administrator will be part of our Technology Services
team that supports and develops services for managing the RSA’s customers and Fellows using
Salesforce and associated CRM applications. This position works closely with users to ensure that
applications meet their needs and keep pace with changes in RSA’s operations, policies and/or
procedures and can provide reports, analysis and business intelligence. The role also works closely
with our digital team to deliver a joined-up range of technology services by linking with our CMS.
3. KEY TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily administration and support of the RSA’s Salesforce database including managing multiple
user setup, profiles and roles, customisation of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and
• Work with management and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data
validation, and triggers.
• Create and document application requirements by working together with those involved in the
development of program enhancements and changes including RSA staff, outside consultants
and suppliers as needed.
• Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
and assist users with report design and management.
• Manage the testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases,
establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual testing.
• Provide an expert resource for the planning and operations of mailings using salesforce and
additional third party mail services
• Develop training plans, materials, and documentation for users, keep materials up-to-date,
coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions, train new and existing users.
• Provide users with technical support on Salesforce and associated applications, and manage
ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users.
• Log and track identified system problems through to resolution.
• Ensure quality and accuracy of customer information and activities. Regularly perform de-
duping and clean-up procedures.
• Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and
implement new applications and updates to existing applications.
• Work with various RSA departments and staff to identify, document, and communicate
standard business processes as they are implemented in Salesforce, including the business
development team for fundraising activities.
• Work with digital team to integrate web and online initiatives and into Salesforce, particularly
ensuring an effective data connection with the RSA’s CMS system.
• Manage outsourced Salesforce.com implementation partners as required, and the ongoing
relationship with Salesforce.com and the Salesforce.com Foundation.
• In collaboration with the IT Manager and Governance Manager, ensure that required levels of
data security and DPA compliance are met and staff are regularly updated on good practice.
• Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality using this knowledge to provide
recommendations for process improvements, and update end users.
• Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help
related materials for users as Salesforce and associated applications are developed.
• Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (additional training sessions,
communication, modifications, or other resources) to improve.
• Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the database to
support additional business processes or functions.
4. PERSON SPECIFICATION: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Previous experience of working with Databases and knowledge of Salesforce.
• Good, demonstrable project management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise
• Excellent report-writing and dashboard-creating skills.
• Experience of data manipulation, de-duplication and cleansing.
• Highly computer literate and numerate with an excellent working knowledge of CRM
SystemsPositive attitude and enthusiasm for RSA and our work.
• Able to communicate clearly and convincingly to a range of people at different levels across the
organisation, Fellows, supporters of the organisation and 3rd party agencies/suppliers tasked
with aiding RSA in delivering our objectives.
• Ability to coach others on the use of Salesforce
• Candidate would have completed multiple life cycles within a salesforce.com environment.
• Proven and considerable Salesforce experience, Salesforce ADM 201/211 certification
• Experience of working for charities or membership organisations and knowledge of their
business processes e.g. fundraising.
• Practical knowledge of email marketing processes, templating and bulk mailing tools.
• Detailed knowledge of SQL and advanced Excel processes.
• Experience of Apex programming language and Visual Force development.
5. NATURE AND SCOPE
The RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) is an
enlightenment organisation committed to finding innovative practical solutions to today’s social
challenges. Through its ideas, research and 27,000-strong Fellowship it seeks to understand and
enhance human capability so we can close the gap between today’s reality and people’s hopes for a
The Technology Services team consists of four full-time staff with this role reporting directly into the
Head of Technology.
The job holder will need to work closely with a wide range of users across the organisation, especially
the Fellowship team who manage the RSA’s relationship with its 27,000 Fellows through Salesforce.
It is expected that, as the main source of expertise on Salesforce within the RSA, the job holder will
take the initiative on research and delivery of new applications, services and improved business
The job holder will also need to work closely with the Head of Digital, connecting data and services
between Salesforce and the RSA’s forthcoming Content Management Service, EPiServer.
This job description is not exhaustive and is liable to review following discussion with the job holder.
The job holder will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by their line
manager and commensurate with the job grade.
The attention of the job holder is drawn to the following:
1. All employees have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure that their
working environment is kept free of hazards that may prove injurious to themselves, their
colleagues and all those engaged in Society business as well as any visitors to the Society.
2. All employees have a duty to comply with the Society’s Equal Opportunities Policy in their
contacts with other staff, Fellows and visitors.
3. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that their use of the RSA’s computer systems
does not jeopardise the security, integrity or legality of that system. Users must:
• maintain password confidentiality and not provide access to the system to those not
employed by the RSA or in any other way unauthorised;
• not load any software onto the system themselves nor permit anyone other than a
member of the RSA’s IT department to load software onto the system;
• not use any unlicensed software and report any suspected breaches of software
licensing to the RSA’s IT Manager (the Chief Operating Officer) or another member of
the Executive Team;
• take the same care with e-mails as with any other written communication from or on
behalf of the RSA; and
• restrict their usage of the Internet to that allowed by the RSA.
Signed by Job Holder……………………………… Date……………………………
Signed by Manager…………………………………. Date…………………………….
On joining the RSA you will be entitled to receive:
RSA employees are entitled to 29 days annual leave per year plus all statutory Bank holidays (pro rata
for part time staff or new staff joining mid-way through the year). The holiday year runs from 1 April to
31 March. No holiday may normally be taken during the first three months of employment. The RSA
may designate three days during the Christmas period to be taken as part of the annual entitlement. If
this is intended, employees will usually receive at least three months’ notice.
Life Assurance Scheme
Life Assurance for 4 times annual salary.
Income Protection Scheme
A proportion of your salary to be paid once Sick Pay ends.
Library & Events
The Library and the Events Programme are open to all staff.
The Gerard Bar
Subsidised food and drink for all staff
On successful completion of a usually 3 month probation period you will receive:
If you contribute 5% then the RSA pays another 10% of salary.
Season Ticket Loan
A Season Ticket Loan up to a maximum of £5,000.
A Tax Free Voucher to buy a bike to ride to work.
Flexible Benefits Allowance
Up to £35 per month before deductions (pro rata for part time staff).
Up to £55 per week or £243 per month as a tax-free salary, where eligible.
Membership is free for all employees of the RSA throughout their employment and for the first year
following leaving the RSA.
The RSA will reimburse its employees for the cost of eye tests once every two years and will also
contribute up to £50 towards the cost of the prescription should glasses be required for working with
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter clearly addressing how you meet
the criteria for the role as set out in the person specification, and stating you current salary to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may address the cover letter to Clive Holdsworth.
The deadline for completed applications is 9am on Tuesday 2 April 2013. Due to the volume of
applications and our equal opportunities policy, we cannot accept late applications.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process (e.g. communication
support, personal support or physical access), then please contact a member of the HR team in
confidence by calling 020 7451 6907.
The RSA is committed to equality of opportunity for all.
Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 212424 and in Scotland no. SC037784