STREAM1 CHANGE SETS DELIVERY TO STREAM2 IN RTC
The process for delivering stream1 (Component Initial Stream) change sets to
stream2 (Component Version1.0 Stream) on requirement basis. It can directly be
achieved by configuring flow target between streams but that doesn’t give us the
freedom to select among the list of change sets to be delivered, also requires a lot of
attention when there are multiple components in the stream.
This we can achieve using eclipse client. Steps for the same are mentioned below
along with screenshots.
Here as shown in image below we have one GRP initial workspace against
GRP initial stream. At certain milestone, another stream is created from the
snapshot of GRP initial stream and named as GRP version1.0.
Now for version1.0 work has been started in separate workspace, in parallel
some work is also happening in base version that is GRP initial stream. From
that work we need some of the change sets to be included in Version1.0 also,
process for the same is described below.
1) Changes made in GRP initial stream shows in pending changes view in
2) Will create new change set to check in the changes.
3) Change set will be associated with work item. For that user needs to right
click on the change set to look for the options, in that user needs to click on
Related artifacts and select associate work item.
4) Here in user have an option either to go for creating a new work item to
associate by clicking on create work item link at the bottom, or if they have
any existing related work item for the changes that can directly be searched
and linked using this window.
5) On Clicking create new work item, create work item window will appear to
create as shown in image below.
6) Change set can be seen in the link section of the work item created as shown
in image below.
7) Now user has to deliver the change set in the server using eclipse client by
right clicking on change set and selecting deliver/deliver and resolve option.
8) Now you can see in the pending changes view of eclipse client that there are
no changes to left to be delivered to server.
In the same way we have multiple iteration of work and change sets delivered to
GRP initial stream. Now we have requirement to get some of the work (change sets)
done in GRP initial stream to be delivered to GRP version1.0 stream. Process to
achieve the same is explained below along with screenshots.
1) As we see in image below, we have comparison of GRP Initial stream
workspace with GRP ver1.0 workspace. This shows the list of change sets
which are there in GRP initial but not available in GRP ver1.0 along with the
associated work item number. Same changes can also be seen in Workspace
area associated with the respective stream.
2) User needs to click on search for change sets option available in the right
most dropdown menu available in pending changes view of Eclipse client as
shown in image below.
Where in a window will open with multiple options to set the search criteria to
get the change sets specific to your requirement.
3) After providing the details of search criteria the result will appear in the search
window of the eclipse client.
4) User needs to right click on the specific change set which he/she wants to be
delivered to the GRP ver1.0 stream, and click on accept.
5) After clicking on accept a window will appear to choose the workspace for the
6) Now those change sets are accepted to be delivered in GRP ver1.0 stream, in
pending changes view this change set is available to be delivered to GRP
NOTE:- It will work only in case new file or folder is added in initial
stream, if any file is updated in initial stream and that update it is not
accepting in version1.0 stream.