4. HOW IT CAN IMPACT YOUR COMPANY?
Can’t you find the antibody? Ask the help center!
Poor antibody identification can lead to increased support calls
and emails from future customers.
No validation for your company!
Your company cannot use this paper to validate your
antibodies because it does not lead to a specific product.
Antibodies that cannot be verified can make an entire study
Top journals require RRIDs from authors for publication
5. HOW DOES IT IMPACT SCIENCE?
“More than 70% of researchers have
tried and failed to reproduce
another scientist's experiments.”
This figure is part of Nature's survey
of 1,576 researchers who took a brief
online questionnaire on
reproducibility in research.
Reproducibility crisis: Blame it on the Antibodies. Nature (2015)
1,500 scientists lift the lid on reproducibility. Nature 533, 452–454 (2016)
7. RRID TO THE RESCUE
Links to reagents are added by journals
2 clicks to your website!
Easy for customers to find the antibody they
Build trust with your future customers!
8. HELPING SCIENCE
All NIH grants (2017+) require “Reagent authentication” for antibodies and other
key biological resources.
Help NIH funded researchers to authenticate your products by ensuring that
each antibody has an RRID.
9. HOW DOES AN AUTHOR FIND AN RRID?
searches for an
antibody on the
author to the
RRIDs in it!
15. Antibody Registry
At Onset of
● Joint work on a blog / social media
● Company logo will be published on
the antibodyregistry.org website
● ABR staff curate your data and
● RRIDs can be added
to your company’s
Publication ● RRID records are linked to your
● Data released to RRID portal, dknet,
neuinfo, scicrunch, resolvers
● Curators detect RRIDs in the
● Provides antibody
data catalog as
17. WEEKLY PERKS
● Weekly update of antibody data to include new citations
● Weekly @RobotRRID tweets @your company if a paper containing
one of your antibodies is published
● Annual reports (& csv file) of your antibody RRIDs used in scientific
● Direct links to your individual product from the antibodyregistry.org
18. WHEN WE FIND RRID OUR ROBOT TWEETS ABOUT IT!
@RobotRrid tweets about the
paper, increasing the Altmetric
Attention Score which increases