Making Social Media
Work For You
Angela Connor | October 21, 2009
21 Social Media Tips for Builders and Realtors
By Angela Connor
1. Create an image gallery of every property!
2. Add the link to your email signature while you are showcasing the
3. Update your LinkedIn status as often as possible.
4. Change the links on your LinkedIn profile from the standard “My
Website, My Blog” to better headlines that grab attention
5. Create a YouTube channel to showcase inventory and client
6. If you don’t like YouTube, try Vimeo or Blip.tv
7. If you don’t have a mini flip cam to record the testimonials, buy one.
You can find a good one for $100.
8. Upload tons of pictures to Flickr.
9. Learn to upload photos directly from your phone to your Flickr
account to keep it fresh.
10.Join local online communities (like GOLO) that focus on your town.
11.Create a group on Facebook or GOLO (or both) relevant to your
12.Use Social Bookmarking Tools to share news about the towns and
municipalities relevant to your work. (another add for your email
13.Share more than listings on your profile. Share industry-related
14.Think local. Facebook is global and has more reach but the housing
market is also local.
15.Get involved with newcomers sites.
16.Comment on high-traffic blogs pertinent to your industry. Include a
signature and title. (People can find you through Google)
17.Don’t always sell, sell, sell. Provide valuable information to gain trust.
18.Comment on blogs in your industry
19.If you use Facebook professionally, look into the realtor Listing
Application by elistit.com
20.Buy your own domain name, if you haven’t already. (JaneSmith.com)
21.Monitor your online reputation with Google Alerts, and Social Too
Make time for social media. With a few minutes a day you can be very effective, broaden
your reach grow your online equity.