● Almost no server configuration (web hooks mess, workers etc)
● YAML/Declarative pipelines
● Stored together with code
● By default do not have SCM block
● Always triggered by SCM (or SCM related - like PR) event
Where are we today?
● GitHub/BitBucket support
● But try doing Gerrit...
● Most of the plugins supported
● Good documentation
● Declarative pipeline… if you don’t go scripted
● Visualisation kind of works… if you don’t go scripted
● Possibly YAML-based pipelines
● Still no possibility to restart pipeline from certain point
Where would I still go freestyle or scripted?
● Simple utility jobs unrelated to CI/CD of the target - stuff that you don’t put to
● Conditional stages (think test/build avoidance)
● Want to avoid to resuming of the pipeline after restart and do not want to set
● Complex workflow with the need to restart the flow from the certain point
About those conditional stages and restart from