•Toronto is the biggest city in Canada.
•It is the capital city of the province of Ontario. It is located on the northwest
side of Lake Ontario.
•The districts of Toronto are: East York, Etobicoke, North York, Old Toronto,
Scarborough and York.
•Canada is a country located in North America.
•It has 9.98 million square kilometers in total.
•Population inhabitants is 35,675,834.
In Canada the official languages are English and French but there are
other regional languages like Chipewyan, Cree, Gwich’in,
Inuinnaqtun, Inuktitut, Inuvialuktun, North Slavey, South Slavey and
• Canada is a federal parliamentary democracy and a constitutional
monarchy. The current queen is Elizabeth II.
• The present currency is the Canadian dollar.
The total population of Toronto is of 2,615,060 inhabitants.
•-This city has more than 150 ethnic groups. The most common are: English,
Chinese, Canadian,Irish,Scottish, East Indian...
•In Toronto people are white,East Asian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and
•The predominant language in Toronto is the English but there are others like
some varieties of Chinese and Italian.
•The most common religion in Toronto is the Christianity followed by the
Islam, the Hinduism, the Judaism,the Buddhism...
•The GDP per capita is about $ 45,771
•Toronto is the second city after Miami with the highest number of foreign
• In Toronto there are some important museums like:
– The Royal Ontario Museum which is a museum of world culture
and natural history.
– The Art Gallery of Ontario has a big collection of contemporary
– The Gardener Museum of ceramic art. It is the only one in
Canada which just dedicate to the ceramics.
The principal historical places and monuments are:
- The Casa Loma is an important place because a lot
of years ago it was a castle from a distinguished man.
-The Union Station is the first railway station in Toronto.
-The CN Tower is considered one of the modern
Seven Wonders of the World
The Peter Pan statue in Glenn Gould Park
The Toronto City Hall is the home of the
municipal government. It is located in the same place as the Toronto's
•The most popular sports in Toronto are:
– ice hockey
– Soccer: The Toronto Football Club is the most important team in
this type of sport. Their field is called BMO Field.
– baseball: The Toronto Blue Jays is the main baseball's team. Its
own field is called Rogers Center.
•The most important celebrities in this country
– Keanu Charles Reeves:He
– is an actor in the film
– Jim Carrey: He is
– an actor,a humorist
– a writer and a singer
Places to visit
•If you go to Toronto you must visit:
– Important monuments or museums. In this city is the Bata Shoe
Museum,it is a museum with thousand of footwear in its
– There is also a place called brookfield which has important
– The Hockey Hall of Fame.
Things to do
In this city you must...
– Go to the Kensington
– market to buy some souvenirs.
– Do the Edge Walk
– which is a walk in the
– CN Tower near the sky.
Things to do
– Visit the zoo,it is the biggest of Canada.There you
can see lots of animals and you often can play
– Go to the amusement park, it is just outside the
– Visit some of its beautiful island.