The most sustainable food
packaging on the planet.
• Its high silica content makes it useful
for strengthening building materials.
• It resists fungal decomposition.
• It resists moisture penetration.
• It decomposes slowly.
• It insulates well.
• It's renewable.
▪ Less expensive and more abundant than the
wood chips found in traditional particle
• Termite-resistant because of their silica,
which termites have difficulty consuming.
• Potentially preferable to typical particle
board, which often contains formaldehyde in
the glue holding the wood chips together.
This can off-gas toxic fumes.
Rice husk is a
resource, and it’s
emerging as a
material across a