Name of group
About Sundar Pichai
• Pichai Sundararajan, The young, Sensational,
Popular and a Soon to be CEO of the globe itself.
• A forty two years Young Techie from Tamil Nadu
• The Silver medalist IIT-ian received his Bachelors in
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• He holds not only the Masters in Science from the very
prestigious Stanford University, Pichai also has mastered
himself in Business Administration from the Wharton
• He was born as Pichai Sundararajan on July 12, 1972, in
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
• His father, Regunatha Pichai, worked as an electrical
engineer for the British conglomerate GEC and managed a
• His mother used to be a stenographer before having
• He has one brother.
• Pichai grew up in a middle-class home and was a bright
student. He excelled academically at his school, Padma
Seshadri Bala Bhavan.
• Hailing from a middle class family, Pichai's family did not
own a car or a television during his childhood.
About Sundar Pichai
• The man behind the success of Android OS had his first tryst
with a phone when he was 12 years old.
• Pichai has an unusual gift that seemed little more than a
curiosity to him when he was a child, but has served
him incredibly well in adulthood: he has insane numerical
recall and can remember every number he's ever dialed.
• A down-to-earth and unassuming person, students at at IIT-
Kharagpur interact with him over Skype at regular intervals.
• Besides being a soccer and chess lover, he is a big cricket fan.
Pichai was captain of his high school cricket team before
earning his bachelor of engineering degree
About Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai & Google
• Joined Google in 2004
• Headed Product management and innovation
efforts for , OS and
• and applications
• Pichai added to the Google products
• Senior Vice president of Google Inc.*
• American MNC
• Internet related services
• Founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin
• Headquartered at Mountain View, California
• Internet, a platform that has got anything and
everything. A place where the day starts and
ends. A boon and a bane that changed the
lifestyle of all the people in the world
• Today, the word “Internet” or the “web” has
been replaced by the word “Google”
• Silver Medalist at IIT-Kharagpur
• Siebel Scholar at the University of
• Creation of google drive, gmail app and
google video codec
• Efforts on Chrome OS and Android
applications added the most prestigious
feather to his cap
• Twitter tried to employ Pichai in 2011 but
Google paid him a boggling $50 million
to stay back on his job in Google
More about Sundar Pichai
• At Google, he is one of the most popular bosses.
• “He is like the Tim cook to apple’s Steve Jobs”
• Not a man with creative vision about how the company will
change the word But one that knows how to lead.
• Pichai was poached by Microsoft and Twitter to be the CEO
• “Pichai has got all the leadership qualities in him”(ET)- A good
team player, Empathetic, Diplomatic
• He is a topshot in google yet he is down to earth and humble,
all the pictures show him as a modest man. i.e. Simplicity
• There are many incidents which highlight his smartness and
his ability to comprehend vague clues by CEO Larry Page
• Every subordinte loves him because he cares for people
around him and he is ready to help them without throwing
his attitude. I.e. Empathic
• Collaborative :- When working on problem he coordinates
with different teams and helps them to figure out how to
move ahead on projects together. Hard Work, Sincerity and
• “Pichai has deep technical expertise, a great product eye, and
tremendous entrepreneurial flair”-ET
• “Pichai is Larry Page’s right hand”(ET)
• Pichai joined Page in convincing Jan Koum(former CEO of
Whats app) not to sell his messaging app to facebook and
helped page in convincing Nest’s Tony Fadell to join Google.
• Pichai is known for his soft-spoken, diplomatic nature.
• He is good at maintaining relationships and managing
• A profile on The Information pointed out that when Pichai
reported to Marissa Mayer (who is now the Yahoo CEO), he
was known to wait for long hours outside her office in order
to ensure that his team got the performance scores they
deserved. Additionally, what helped Pichai was his nice-guy
nature and the fact that he retained the best of his team.
• A post on Quora by a former Google employee, which had
been written at the time of Pichai’s promotion to
GoogleProduct Head, said Pichai “avoided making enemies” at
the company and “navigated” Google’s “politics to make his
• Another profile on Fortune noted that Pichai was “universally
well-liked at Google”.
• Pichai is also believed to have played a major role in Google’s
acquisition of Nest.
• Another BusinessWeek profile pointed out that Pichai had led
the negotiations when Samsung and Google’s relationship had
taken a turn for the worse over the South-Korean company’s
launch of its own Magazine app with the Galaxy Note 3.