Be in touch with your real life network final versions
By:Amna Mahmoud MakkiID: 200920569
* It is the easiest way to start conversation and keep in touch with others GroupMe is free group texting and conference calling.* It’s sort of like a private chat room over SMS, or reply-all text messaging.* When you start a GroupMe, we give it a unique phone number. When you send a text message to a GroupMe number, that message is sent instantly to everyone in the group. We put the senders names before each message, so it sort of like an instant chat room. All of the texts below, for example, were sent to and received from the same unique phone number.
* GroupMe was founded by Jared Hecht and Steve Martocci in the Summer of 2010, inspired by a project conceived at the TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon.* Jared Hecht and Steve Martocci raised US$10.6 million in venture capital from Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, angel investors, and others.* GroupMe is a mobile group messaging app launched in May 2010* In August 2011, Skype acquired the one-year old start-up for around $80 million
* interact* broadcast* Share photos* Find people* Group chat
** Broadcast or ask a question to spark a conversation.* For example, Plan a night out with friends, see who else is around, or just talk about the game on TV.* Direct it toward a few friends, or send it out on your social networks and see who responds.* People you ask can comment without joining—its fluid, lightweight, and fun!
** GroupMe Photo sharing allows you to send photos to members of your group. From the group view online, or in one of GroupMe apps, you can share a photo with your group. Choose or take a photo. GroupMe send it instantly to all members of your group. Members who are receiving text messages will receive a link to the photo; members who are using one of GroupMe apps will see it inline. Photos are also visible to members in the group history on groupme.com
** When friends share their location, you can see them from the "Map" tab of a group. This is great for meeting up!* Add your location to any message you send.* See all group members on a map.
** It’s a group texting and conference calling. It’s sort of like a private chat room over SMS, or reply-all text messaging.* When you start a GroupMe, we give it a unique phone number. When you send a text message to a GroupMe number, that message is sent instantly to everyone in the group. We put the senders names before each message, so it sort of like an instant chat room. All of the texts below, for example, were sent to and received from the same unique phone number.* Every group gets a unique phone number. When any group member calls the number, GroupMe automatically connects everyone in the group on an instant conference call. Its that easy!* Any group member can call the number to start a group conference call.
* Start groups with the people already in your contacts.* Send and receive messages using your data connection, so iPod touches can join in on the fun.* When you have a poor connection, the app can switch you to SMS so you’ll never miss a message.* Share photos within any conversation.
** the last updates on TV seasons and famous people to chat with and about them,* receive exclusive mobile content and special offers,* automatically enter to a exclusive shows and win a prizes
*GroupMe works on every phone:-* With apps for iPhone* Android* BlackBerry* Windows Phone 7* as well as full support for all other phones via SMS
* As long as youre sitting at a computer, you can start your group on GroupMe website.Just enter your name and phone number, and they will walk you through the rest!* If youre on the phone, you can download one of our apps, for iPhone, Android or BlackBerry. Each app walks you through the entire process and helps you manage your groups, wherever you are.* If you dont have a smartphone, the fastest way to start a group is by texting START to GROUP (47687). And they will walk you through everything from there.* Settings:-- Name- Photo- Sleep mode- Find friends already on GroupMe (Facebook , Twitter)- Invite people to GroupMe (Email , Text )
* General Settings - Push Notifications - Sync Group and Contact - Enablr Read Receipts - New User Alerts*Contact SupportsHelpLegalLog Out
* Sometimes you may have issues with GroupMe doing something totally weird on your Phone? Something it has never done before?* How to solve the issue ?Try these troubleshooting steps!1- Check all settings to make sure your preferences werenot reset during a recent update2- Make sure you are using the most up to date version ofGroupMe3- Log out of the app and then back in4- Delete and reinstall the app5- Restart your phone
* GroupMe is the easiest way to start conversations and keep in touch with your real life network. Its totally free, and it works on every phone
Spillman, Steve. "What Is GroupMe?" GroupMe Support. Web. 20 Nov. 2011.http://help.groupme.com/entries/514793-what-is-groupmeGroupMe." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. 25 Nov. 2011. Web. 30 Nov. 2011.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GroupMeGroupMe. "GroupMe - Info | Facebook." Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up orLearn More. Web. 21 Nov. 2011. http://www.facebook.com/groupme?sk=info"GroupMe You Real Life Network." GroupMe. Web. 18 Nov. 2011. http://groupme.com/Swonderlin). "Group Me Review - Tweetheart TV (1-5-11) Interactive Social Media Show- YouTube." YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. 25 Jan. 2011. Web. 19 Nov. 2011.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5ZEHON-mESMASHPOP. "Group Chat With Your Real Life Network With GroupMe ForIPhone, Android, Blackberry & WP7 | DiscovrpOp." Rev. of GroupMe. Web log post.DiscovrpOp | Discover Apps, Games, Mobile & Tech News. 3 Aug. 2011. Web. 19 Nov.2011. http://discovr.smashpop.net/2011/08/03/group-chat-real-life-network-groupme/