Rules:-• A random number of questions will be coming for you.• Infinite Bounce is the format!• Between the questions at any random time an LVC will be there. Details will be given later regarding them.• 10 points for direct and 5 points for indirect. Can go for the double only on the pass. -5 for wrong answer on the double.• Clues will be given only on no objection.• Quiz master’s decision is final and binding!
1. What am I talking about?• This internet phenomenon is not exactly recent but is certainly catching up with us now. Whynne, its creator has this to say “People were particularly fond of the grinning face which, at the time, had no name. It eventually became a separate entity and has since come to represent the humorous and mischievous side of ______.”
2.On the morning of 28th April 1986, workers at the ForsmarkNuclear Power Plant, Sweden, were found to haveradioactive particles on their clothes.It was Swedens search for the source of radioactivity, afterthey had determined there was no leak at the Swedishplant, that led to the first news of _________________ tothe outside world.
4. What are we talking about ?• Strangely, the two men most often associated with this curse, share eerily similar last names. One of them tried to escape the trappings of the role, and it ruined his acting career. Depressed, he committed suicide in 1959, though many theorize he was murdered. The other was paralyzed in 1995 after falling from his horse. He died in 2004 from heart failure, and, though she was never a smoker, his wife, Dana, passed away from lung cancer the next year.
The Superman Curse, George Reeves and Christopher Reeve
Indian Coins• Indian coins are mainly produced in 4 cities.• The production in city puts an identification mark under the year of issue.• Noida: Dot.• Mumbai: Diamond.• Hyderabad: Star, Dotted Diamond, Split Diamond.• Kolkata: Nothing.
7.• X’s most famous movie roles are in Water for Elephants (2011) and The Artist (2011). In The Artist, his performance was considered by many to have upstaged those of his co-stars and has won him accolades in Cannes . There are petitions for other awards to be also given to him, on account of his exceptional performance.• The campaign "Consider X" was launched in December 2011 on Facebook by S.T. VanAirsdale, an editor at Movieline, for X to receive a honorary Oscar nomination.
Long-Visual-Connect• Enough of reading questions. It’s time to observe very carefully!• 4 visual clues. 20 on the first guess, 15 on the second, 10 on the third and 5 on the last guess.• Any team guessing in any earlier clue will be further debarred from answering it.
13. What are we talking about?• The red colour symbolizes life.• The orange colour symbolizes healing.• The yellow colour symbolizes sunlight.• The green colour symbolizes nature.• The blue colour symbolizes serenity.• The violet colour symbolizes spirit.
14.• Before he died, Milton Wright made his sons Wilbur and Orville make him a promise. This promise has now become standard procedure with persons of certain importance, for example Princes William and Harry of the United Kingdom, and the President and Vice President of the USA.• What is this promise?
The brothers weren’t allowed to travel on the same place together; that way, if one died in a plane crash, the other would still be around.
15.• The logo is among the most artistically created technology emblems.• The logo brings together the Nordic runes analogous to the modern Latin H (Haglazl) and B (Berkanan). Such combination of letters represents the connection that the product creates between two devices.• The logo comprises of two unified letters sketched in white, and bounded by a blue background. The name of the technology is added to the logo in black. This arrangement signifies unison, strength and reliability, and provides the users with a safe and powerful connection.• The font of the logo is simple, bold and effective. The logo is self- explanatory as its glimpse depicts the wide existence of the technology.
16. Who is he?• During his university studies he was an upright bass player and occasionally performed as a cruise ship crooner. In later life he co-wrote AC Milans anthem and the Forza Italia anthem with the opera director Renato Serio.• He is also known under the nickname Il Cavaliere (literally, The Knight), due to the knighthood Order of Merit for Labour which he received in 1977.• As of 2010, Forbes magazine has ranked him as the 74th richest man in the world with a net worth of $9 billion. He is also very powerful, though his political clout is on the wane.
17.• John Lawrence Nettleship was a British schoolteacher who taught chemistry at Wyedean School, Gloucestershire. His pupils there included a famous author, whose mother worked for some time as an assistant in his department. The author began studying at the school in September 1976. Nettleship described himself in hindsight as "a short-tempered chemistry teacher". He has been claimed as a major inspiration for the character of ________ in authors books. Name the author and the character.
18. In an interview to the Indian Express inNovember 2011, he said“After Operation Blue Star in Punjab, the finalexaminations were postponed. [I] led a group ofstudents demanding a month’s notice aspreparation.We made banners saying, “____ ____”.and went about raising this slogan.”He used these lines in a recent film. Which lines ?He used these lines in a film.Which lines?
“Sadda Haq” in Rockstar and the interviewee was Irshad Kamil
19. In which country was thesong “hothon mein aisi baat”picturised?
22. This is a drawing of a child by a parent. The child is pictured looking at a flower which later became very significant in his life. Who is the kid? Whatis the relevance of this flower in his life?
The very first items sold on….• Flipkart• Amazon• Ebay
25. This pic shows a certain area of a place in India from the top. It was founded in 1968 by Mirra Alfassa (also known as "The Mother") and designed by architect Roger Anger. As stated in Alfassas first public message about the township, “X is meant to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony,above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of X is to realize human unity."
26. This pic in a newspaper was the centre ofcontroversy some time back. It shows the US President Obama and his national security team watching theraid that killed Osama bin Laden from the White House Situation Room. What was the controversy ?
The Jewish newspaper photoshopped Hillary Clinton from the pic. It did not publish pics of women
32. The productsname is derivedfrom Nahuatl wordtziktli.The original flavorwas peppermint But many flavors havebeen added anddiscontinued over thedecades since theintroduction in 1906.Nahuatlis a group of relatedlanguages and dialects ofthe Nahuan (traditionallycalled "Aztecan“)
33.• Washington Post reported that "India was offered a X 55 years ago, in 1955. But that offer, made by the United States and the Soviet Union, was declined by Indias first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru said the X should be given to China instead." . This decision by Nehru is seen as a blunder and the loss of an opportunity to attain a stronger diplomatic stature by India.ID X.
34.The flag is designed to portray the "futurehistory" of X. The red bar, which lies closest tothe mast, symbolizes X as it is today. The greenand blue symbolize stages in thepossible terraforming of X should humanity everhave the will and the ability to undertake such atask.ID X.
• All of there headquarters are in….The southern part of San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California of USA or as we better know it…….. The Silicon Valley
36. What is happening here ?• More than 130 people converged upon the ninth floor rug department of the Macy’s store in New York, gathering around an expensive rug. Anyone approached by a sales assistant was advised to say that the gatherers lived together in a warehouse on the outskirts of New York, that they were shopping for a "love rug", and that they made all their purchase decisions as a group. A certain first….
37. Stretch your eyes … and tell me what do you see ?
Just roll it up into a ball and you get this….
This is the last edition of my Quiz inthis college… So I would like to thank a few people… The organisers for making this possible…. My friends for inspiring me… My juniors for driving me to keep on quizzing and last butnot the least … I would like to dedicate this quiz to a certain someone special……
The cockroach that I killed last night at 3 in the morning…. Hats off to you buddy!