What is the main benefit of WebRTC?
• No download
• Brings communications to the Web and Mobile developers
• An open source media engine
• No special benefit, it is the same as current VoIP but from the browser
Are there any roadblocks for WebRTC to be ubiquitous?
• No real roadblocks
• Awareness among Web developers
• Interoperability and fragmentation – ORTC, Video codec, browser support
How do you view the readiness of WebRTC for Android and iOS?
• Ready, no problem to compile WebRTC into your app
• Android is solved, iOS still complicated
• Still complicated to tackle this alone, use an SDK
• If there is one reason to use an API platform this is it
What % of Telcos’ WebRTC investment & focus should be around
When we meet at the end of 2015 which of the below will be true
IE and Safari will support WebRTC
All browsers will support at least VP8 & H.264
Battle will be on VP9 & H.265
Android & iOS will have WebRTC API in the device for native applications
More service providers will launch API platforms that integrate with their networks
Give one prediction for WebRTC in 2015
Strong authenticated identity, and this identity binding to
communication encryption key importance will increase.
Firefox hello will have taken 50% of MS-Skype market share
There will be the same compatibility issues with Webrtc
WebRTC will not be mainstream - will be mired in interop
and operational issues