To help prevent unexpected access to your AWS resources, it is critical to maintain strong identity and access policies. It is equally important to track and alert on changes to your AWS resources. In this tech talk, you will learn how to use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to control access to your AWS resources and integrate your existing authentication system with AWS IAM. We will cover how you can deploy and control your AWS infrastructure using code templates, including change management policies with AWS CloudFormation. In addition, we will explore different options for managing both your AWS access logs and your Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) system logs using Amazon CloudWatch Logs. We also will cover how to use these logs to implement an audit and compliance validation process using services such as AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, and Amazon Inspector.
• Understand the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
• Understand AWS account and identity management options and configuration.
• Learn the concept of infrastructure as code and change management using AWS CloudFormation.
• Learn how to audit and log your AWS service usage.
• Learn about AWS services to add automatic compliance checks to your AWS infrastructure.