HOW TO GET INVOLVED
AT COLLEGE LIKE A GO
From: College Students To You!
• Go to the organization fairs and if possible join an org for the community you live in. Most
resident halls have some type of org, it's the easiest and most convenient way to get involved.
Also, don't be scared to show up to a new meeting! The first few weeks are all introductory
meetings meaning you wont be the only new person in the room.
• Make sure to find things YOU like, not your friends or some boy you want to attract. Also, make
sure that you will really commit to it. Don't just join and never attend a meeting or event;
• Get involved in one to three different clubs that relate to your interest. Do not get involved in to
many different things. Choose a club that meets once a month and does various activities
throughout the month, choose one that meets once a week, and consider one that only meets
once every other week. That way you get to know a variety of people and you are still able to be
actively involved in each club.
• My first semester in college, I joined a sorority. This was the easiest and best way for me to get
involved on my campus. I have to save up money for sorority things, as well as budget my time
with school and work.
• Don't be scared to talk to people! Talk to your floor mates, the people who sit
next to you in class, someone in front of you in line... The only way you'll meet
new people is by talking.
• Attend on campus events
• Join a club! Try something new, you'll never know what you may find you like
• Rush Greek life! You may find out that it isn't for you but, you may find out that
you love it. You can't lose anything by trying it out.
• Do what you like, don’t try to get into clubs just so you can meet people.
• I'm probably bad at this, because I didn't really get involved much at college. I made my friends
through other friends and at work. The only time I really got involved was in a competition,
because it had to do with a job I'd love to have, so I entered into it and worked with a team of
people from my college and other colleges, and our team won! It was fun! I feel like, you don't
need to stress yourself to get involved in everything at college, you should just follow your
comfort zone. The best thing to do in college is explore the city you are in, especially if you are
going to college in another city, explore it on yelp, or some other site and see if they have fun
events like gallery crawls, farmer's markets, events at museums or anything like that!
• Go Greek! Even if you don't think you are a future sorority woman, go through recruitment and
meet as many people as you possibly can. I consider my sorority to be why I knew 99.9% of the
people I was friends with in college, guys included. My sorority got me out of my comfort zone,
and encouraged me to join other RSOs and organizations. Within one month of starting school,
I had a hundred sisters to go to the library with, go for a run, out to eat, or to introduce me to
their friends. There's always an event to go with, people to meet, and fun to have in the Greek