SAYOT has been founded by KVK and Teknoloji
Holding, to provide Automated Metering Services
for Electricity, Gas and Water Utility Companies.
Telemetry services are also provided through the
To become a leading provider of Utility meters and
Automated Metering Services within EMEA
(Eastern Europe, Middle East, North Africa and
Turkish Central Republics - 90 million population)
region of the world.
4. The Facts Contributing the Strength of SAYOT in Turkey
• Privatisation of Electricity distribution to be completed
by end of 2000.
• Cukurova has been rewarded the distribution of Electricity in
Istanbul Region where there are 6.4 M habitants, corresponding
10% of country’s population. There are 2.7 M subscribers by the
end of 1999.
• Big Loss & Theft in distribution, 30% in Electricity, 50% in Water
• Huge new emerging meter market, to change 45 million meters
5. The Facts Contributing the Strength of SAYOT in Turkey
• Subsidiary of Cukurova Holding, the biggest group in Turkey
with $ 7.2 Billion sales in 1998.
• Turkcell, the group’s GSM Operator with a market value of
$ 24 Billion, through the acquisition of subsidiary companies of
the group will provide one-stop-shop Telecommunication
services in Turkey with GSM, VSAT, ISP, Mobitex, Digital TV,
6. The Facts Contributing the Strength of SAYOT in EMEA
• Privatisation of Utility distribution is becoming a hot issue.
• Big Loss & Theft in distribution in these countries.
• Big Turkish speaking community of 150 Million people.
• Big Muslim community.
• Turkey is becoming a real centre of EMEA for world’s largest
• Turkcell, the group’s Telecom company has been expanding to
EMEA as an operator and setting a JV in Holland .
7. • TURKCELL - GSM Operator with 7,700,000 Subscribers as of
January’2000 and raising at 300,000 subscribers a month.
• VERINET - One of two licensed Satellite Operators
• MOBICOM - Mobitex Data Network Operator
• TOPAZ - Cable TV Network Operator for 6 cities
• Digital Platform - Digital TV Services Operator
• Superonline - Biggest ISP in Turkey
• Bilpa - IT Services Provider for Cukurova Holding Banks
• K.V.K. - Biggest GSM Handset Distributor
• ATEL - Prepaid GSM Sim Card and Handset Distributor
• Geocell, Kcell, Azercell - GSM JVs at Turkish Central Republics
• Hobim - Data Processing and Billing Services Provider
• Show TV and ATV - Nationwide TV Broadcasting Services Provider
The Largest European Integrated Communications & IT Platform
8. Corporate Customers
• Electric, Water, Gas Utilities
– 26 Regional Electricity Distribution Utilities with 22 M
meters and 120 GWh yearly power consumption
– Thousands of regional Water Utilities
• Campus Operations
– Industrial Estates
– Residential Areas
• Service Providers
– Urgent Aid or Health Services
– Distribution Services Suppliers
– Public Services Providers and Institutions
12. Increasing Trend of 4 Major Telecom & IT Technologies
• Wireless Access & Mobility
• Super-band Access Networks for Voice, Data and Video
• Internet Based Technologies (VoIP, V6IP)
• Integrated Communication LAN & WAN Platforms (Bluetooth,WLL)
13. AMR INVESTMENT REASONS FOR WESTERN COUNTRIESAMR INVESTMENT REASONS FOR WESTERN COUNTRIES
14. BASIC REASONS FOR AMR INVESTMENT (TURKEY)BASIC REASONS FOR AMR INVESTMENT (TURKEY)
16. Partners :
Project Contractors and SBS (Siemens Business Services)
Consultants Arthur Andersen
WAN Access MOBICOM, VERINET, TURKCELL
PCBA Manufacturing Alcatel-Teletaş, DEKA, KOMSA
SW Houses Teknosis, Obje, Dipol, Logica, SAP
RF Technology ATL(Advanced Technology Limited),
PLC Technology Quadlogic Control
Broadcasting TURKCELL CORPORATE DATA
Housing Emin Elektrik
Meter Makers Teksan, ESEM, MKE, Kohler, ABB Kent,Kale
Kalıp, ECA, Horstmann,
Relay Enbray Contactors
Digital Map & GIS İşlem
Distribution Services Medline Emergency Health Services, Aygaz, Komili
17. Low Power Radio Association
Automated Meter Reading Association
Membership & Participation
Special Interest Group Member
Candidate of Turkish Technology Foundation