• Industry : Food Restaurants .
• Founded : 15may, 1940.
• Founders : Richard and Maurice McDonald
& Ray Kroc.
• Head quarters : oar brooks , Illinois .
• Key people : James A Skinner .
Interesting Facts about
• Ronald McDonald made his debut as
its ambassador in the year 1953.
• The motto of the organization , I;e Quality
Cleanliness ,Service ,Value .
• Currently McDonald’s serves around
53 million people worldwide everyday.
• McDonald’s currently operates 31000
stores worldwide in 120 countries.
• It currently employs around
4,00,000 employees worldwide .
McDonald’s Vision And Mission &Value
• Vision : to be the best and leading fast food
provider throughout the globe.
• Mission : To be our customer’s favourite
place and way to eat and to improve operations
to provide the most delicious fast food that
meet customer’s satisfaction .
• Value : provide good quality services to
customer’s and to have a clean environment.
Revenue generated for this category
• McDonalds has revenues of $22.7 billion and
operating profits of $6.8 billion.
• Sales across all of its company-owned
and franchised restaurant's totalled $56.9 billion.
• Revenues were down 3.3% over 2008, but profits
were up 6.2% over 5 years .
what business are we in ?
• McDonald’s corporation is the world’s
largest hamburger fast food restaurants.
Serving 58 million customers daily.
• McDonald’s revenues grew 27% over the
three years ending in 2007 to $22.8 billion , and
9% growth in operating income to $3.9 billion .
• It has been a major sponsor of international football,
including the world cup since 1994and the champions
league from 1996 to 2000.
• It has sponsored British athletics since 1993 , notably
The McDonald’s young athlete's league , training
11 to 17 year olds.
• McDonald’s isn't just selling burgers and fries.
• Its environment is clean and friendly to families.
• Offering different side dishes
(French fired potato).
• McDonald’s has placed considerable emphasis on
enhancing its brand positioning through sponsorship
of events and sports.
• It was one eight corporate sponsors of the
millennium dome experience, investing $8 million
in dome’s Community program and
learning experience .
How has McDonald’s grown its brand equity over the
years? How it has changed in different economics times
and in different parts of the world ? Explain .
• Smart choice of brand elements . For ex –Ronald
McDonald's target children and families for a happy time.
• Through its holistic marketing activities.
• Brand extensions like McCafe .
• “I’m lovin it campaign “.
• Plan to win strategy .
Risks McDonald’s will face in future ?
• Growing health conscious people avoiding too much
fat products .
• Competitors are offering healthier options.
• With large expansion compromise in quality .