Say hello to Sass: Import
Multiple files compiled to one file!
files with underline prefix such as “_components.scss”
will not compile, and will use as asset!
Say hello to Sass: Even more!
You do even more!:
Say hello to Sass: Compiling
1. Automatic minification
2. Automatic aggregation (using @import)
3. Compiling is really easy!
1. The cool geeky way - using command line
2. Using GUI software such as Scout (yakk!)
Compass allow us to do much more with sass:
1. Cool built-in mixings
2. Automated sprites!
3. Powerful CLI
4. Reset CSS
5. Much more..
1. Powerful built-in mixins!
2. Built-in mixing are cross-browser!
No need to care about “-moz” or “-webkit”..
• CSS3 mixins:
Border-radius, gradients, text-shadow, box-shadow, opacity, and much more..
Font-types, colors, image dimensions, and much more..
Horizontal list, delimited list, text replacement, and much more
We can easily make sprites!
Susy is an compass plugin
Susy made responsive grids easy!
• Foundation is front-end framework
• Built on top of sass/compass
• Help you build fast prototyping
Workflow & production
• Compiling is actually easy! just one command
For developing phase:
~$ compass watch
(will watch for every change in your files, than compile)
For production phase:
~$ compass compile -e production --force
• With ruby(command line): Just as usual
• Zen theme(theme framework) already use sass!
• Sasson – Israeli open source theme, will help you develop rapid sass