JAMES E. HEALY
210 Crump Road 484-886-7617
Exton, PA 19341 email@example.com
Senior IT Executive
Innovate and lead business transformation and organizational change to improve enterprise performance
while managing costs. Collaborate with top management and board to manage complex situations,
implement governance, align IT/business strategies and direct tactical execution. Rescue failing projects
and underperforming IT departments; hire, mentor and optimize resources to deliver customer
satisfaction. Lead, plan and budget multi-site global operations, PMO’s, outsourcing, vendors, call centers
and high availability infrastructures. Plan and execute legacy migrations, technology M&A due diligence
and integration and security/compliance initiatives. Technical experience includes architecture,
infrastructure and applications development (ERP, CRM, custom, scientific). Custom applications include
Clinical, R&D, Adverse Reporting, CRM, manufacturing, warehousing, and supply chain. Environments
include small-cap, mid-tier Fortune 100 and global consulting enterprises. Sectors include
pharmaceutical, high technology, aerospace, supply chain/3PL, and finance.
Enterprise Strategic Planning • Business Process Transformation • Change Management
Governance • Global Program/Project Management • Organizational Optimization
Turnaround Management • Applications Development • Data Warehouse
IT/Business Strategy Alignment • Business Intelligence
Global Logistics, Distribution & 3PL Company, Trenton, NJ 2008 to Present
Eighty-year-old $100 million public company.
VP / Chief Information Officer
Report to CEO and Board of Directors; lead IT transformation of private company to public. Establish
department strategies, goals, objectives and procedures to provide SPAC M&A platform. Develop, track
and manage IT annual operating and capital budgets. Create business case justifications and cost/benefit
analyses for IT spending and initiatives, annual capital and operating budgets. Transition IT governance,
structure, systems and policies to be SOX and COSO compliant. Implement IT strategic and operational
planning, prioritize initiatives and coordinate SDLC management. Create, implement and test enterprise
disaster recovery/business continuity plan. Recruit, develop and re-organize IT resources.
• Improved sales force effectiveness and productivity by establishing first integrated CRM system and
enabling development of formal sales processes
• Led enterprise through complete actual disaster recovery and restoration event with minimal
disruption to normal business activities, operations, and customer services
• Implementing two ERP systems (domestic and international) to improve end-to-end management of
enterprise, including system platforms and infrastructure
• Developed standard EDI capability for customer orders/acknowledgement
• Developing integrated Web site framework for customer direct access
• Improving intra-company communications and employee productivity by implementing new phone
systems and overhauling obsolete data/voice WAN and services.
Resume of James E. Healy Page 2
IBM Business Consulting Svcs – Life Sciences Strategy & Change, Philadelphia, PA 2006 to 2008
Enterprise Technology Strategist, Strategy and Transformation Practice
Developed and delivered strategic business/technology solutions to leverage Life Sciences industry
opportunities and challenges into rapid actionable programs, to drive business growth and value. Guided
technology transformation, change management and “right-sourcing.”
• Technical Strategy Architect for transformation of a division of a Global Pharmaceutical leader.
• Created blended scalable ERP/IT strategy to enable mid-market public company to manage expansion
generated by explosive organic growth and acquisitions
• Led creation and developed the board presentation of new ERP and systems strategy for $35 billion
North American multi-temperature food distribution business
• Developed Managed Market Service transformation strategies for two of top five pharmaceutical
companies; developed suite of strategic recommendations for five year implementation to enable new
business strategy. Led consulting team, benchmarked architecture and baseline, directed analysis and
business case development
• Strategic Technical Advisor to Clinical Research organization expanding it’s global footprint and
updating internal strategic systems
Independent Contract Executive, CxO Advisory Services, Exton, PA 2004 to 2006
Enterprise Technology Strategist, Strategy and CxO Advisory Services
Provided M&A and due diligence services to regional VCs; led recovery/remediation of large IT projects
(runaways) and company turnaround projects.
• Developed IT strategic planning and enterprise architecture support for OTC pharmaceutical
manufacturer transitioning to division of major US pharmaceutical company.
• Created disaster recovery and business continuation of operations plan for bio-pharmaceutical
pipeline development/R&D division of major US pharmaceutical company.
• Led rescue of failed ERP implementation for NA CPG division of European company, implemented
standards, and directed enterprise process re-engineering. Improved performance of manufacturing
cost tracking and reporting, information systems quality, responsiveness, and integrity.
• Remediated enterprise (ERP) system development and rollout project, as project turnaround
consultant advisor for $400M division of international CPG company.
Brandywine Management Group, Ltd., Management Consultants, West Chester, PA 1996 to 2003
Co-Founder and CEO
Provided strategic IT related consulting and interim CIO/CTO services to Fortune 500 clients. Hired 18
senior professionals (CIO/CTO/CISO) to expand firm. Developed solutions to business problems related
to IT strategy, governance, business alignment, execution, organization, and cost management. Led
global client teams of 250 resources and managed budgets of $60+ million to deliver business critical
solutions. Developed strategy; selected, planned and rolled out enterprise systems. Implemented change
management, led client teams, recovered failing projects and performed assessments
• Aventis Behring - Global Program Director for Year 2000 compliance program of $1.2+ Billion
international pharmaceutical firm. Delivered program at $17MM (50% of initial estimate) in 9
months. Reported to CEO and Board. Resolved cGMP, FDA, and PEI related concerns and issues
concerning validation and SOPs, and consent decree mandates. Managed 260+ global resources. Co-
directed segments of global SAP ERP implementation.
Resume of James E. Healy Page 3
• GlaxoSmithKline - SFA/CRM PMO Systems Integrator and lead vendor manager for outsourced
development of e-CRM system; negotiated contracts, managed vendors and $30+ million budget.
• OneBeacon – Developed turnaround and transition plan for all IT functions of $1.5 billion insurance
company (previously $4B prior to the de-acquisition of business lines). Developed controlled risk
plan to reduce IT budget from $200MM+ to $120MM, aligned with business objectives.
• PJM Interconnection - Directed business process re-engineering of trading and accounting activities
for bulk energy trading clearinghouse, serving 10% of total US Market.
• Wyeth Labs - Project Manager and consultant to Corporate Technology Department; developed
strategy and planned transformation from legacy mainframe to client/server applications. Led
manufacturing systems requirements analysis for ERP system (SAP); directed QA/LIMS assessment/
• GlaxoSmithKline – Delivered Global Network Outsourcing project for corporate data network
providing services to over 260 sites in 120+ countries. Delivered $14+ million savings annually.
• ReSearch.Com – CTO for Internet-based start-up (pre-IPO stage), targeting pharmaceutical R&D
PMOs and CROs for pipeline product testing and evaluation.
• Ministry of Social Welfare (NZ) - Retained by Gartner Group to conduct assessments of technology
strategy, planning, implementation and operations of $3B government ministry, annually for 3 years.
KPMG Peat Marwick, Management Consultants, New York, NY 1992-1996
Director, Advanced Technologies Practice
Developed global project management and system integration practice; held P&L responsibility for $6
Million revenue practice group. Managed critical high visibility initiatives global teams and large project
budgets; reported at senior executive level. Led multiple projects and consulting teams, provided services
and directed internal KPMG methodology development. Co-developed several methodologies, including
those used for SAP R/3 implementation and Enterprise Networking/Infrastructure.
• Pfizer – Led technology team for global IT strategy development, to plan next generation of
technology and systems initiatives. Advised R&D clinical trials software development group.
• JP Morgan - Interim VP of Global Technology Operations & PMO. Directed remediation/turnaround
of firm’s Global Disaster Recovery and Continuation of Business Operations, with $40 million annual
budget. Led PMO of 40+, including consultants and company employees. Managed several service
Prior career within US Aerospace/Defense Industrial Community 1976 – 1992
Program Manager – Systems Engineering and Integration
Mr. Healy had a progressive career achieving executive roles equivalent to the commercial CIO,
responsible for program management, advanced technology R&D, implementation, operations, and
systems engineering and integration. He was also responsible for the operation of a global information
services organization, and the development, production and global distribution of specialized electronic
systems and devices. He also held divisional responsibilities for commercial and engineering support IT
as a divisional CIO directly managing a staff over 300.
Program Director for global command supporting high technology systems, data, and
communications for DoD Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence network.
Program Manager responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of
application software projects that produced over 2,000,000 lines of code, using multiple platforms
and languages, and in some cases, involved custom devices and computing platforms.
Supported negotiating and awarding over $100 Million in outsourced services, contracted
software development, and technology acquisition contracts.
Directed global organization of technical, operations, and support personnel. Responsible for
managing the operations of three 24x365 mission critical (99.997% available) operations centers,
Resume of James E. Healy Page 4
global communications, infrastructure, special assets, and new technology implementation.
Developed and managed technology programs involving significant scientific and mathematical
oriented computing applications.
Education & Training:
• MA in Business Management (honors) from Central Michigan University
• MS in Computer Science at Villanova University
• BA in Engineering and Architecture from Lehigh University
• Certified in MRP II, Inventory Management, Production Costing, and Shop Floor Scheduling by the
American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
• DoD War College - Program Management; Technology Acquisition & Contract Management
• Executive Development Program – Organizational Dynamics, General Management, HR,
Staff Development, Finance, Contracts
• Dale Carnegie - Leadership Course
• APICS: Certified in MRP II, Inventory Management, Production Costing, and Shop Floor
• IBM: Pharmaceutical Automated Systems Validation and Compliance Testing
• Others: Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM, QFD, SDLC, CMMI, ITIL
• SIM – Society for Information Management, Philadelphia Chapter
• TENG – Technical Executive Networking Group – CoFounder & Board, Philadelphia Chapter
• TPNG – Technical Professional Networking Group – CoFounder & Mentor, Philadelphia Chapter
• GPSEG – Greater Philadelphia Senior Executives Group – Charter Member