A monthly online gathering for association members
But a regular networking initiative
could fill the gap.
The pandemic has created a huge networking vacuum.
Virtual events have had limited success in filling this need.
At a Glance
• Modeled after First Friday art events that showcase a city’s
artistic community and allow people a unique opportunity to
interact with artists in a social atmosphere.
• Member Connect Live! will focus on the breadth and depth
of knowledge available to members through the
association’s thought leaders and editors.
• A combination of live and recorded education and
networking will allow members to connect with one another
and engage with experts, live.
Builds and reinforces a sense
of community among members.
Also reinforces the importance
of the association and the benefits
Feeds the major need
today for networking
with members, in a new
and engaging live format.
Aids in revenue generation
in a year with predictably
less revenue tied to meeting-
Ascend Media has the resources to handle everything. We can build the platform, manage the technology,
provide the marketing and make the sales. We can even organize speakers and content, unless you are
more comfortable handling that portion yourselves.
Start Simple and Grow
Launch initially with:
• A 45-minute education program
• Followed by a 15-minute Industry Theater
• Then end with a Happy Hour
Can be launched as a single-sponsored
event or with multiple sponsors.
Archives provide extended visibility for both
the education and sponsor messaging.
Sponsors can see metrics in real time.
Chat function for increased
networking and engagement.
Members can easily
click through both
current and archived
those that do not fit
in topic channels).
for members to find
sessions filtered by topic.
Central location for all
previous Industry Theaters.
Recommended for You
Related videos, sessions,
and sponsored content
from the site scroll for
Small group breakouts allow
for idea-sharing and discussion.
• Lead capture
• White papers
• And more
Industry Partners Page
In addition to appearing on the opening page
during each event, these can be archived on
As Member Connect Live! Takes Off,
Evolve Content and Networking
• Multiple live panel discussions by channel on a bi-weekly schedule.
• Live/pre-recorded releases of guidelines, clinical topics or special reports.
• Pre-recorded 10-minute sessions on education topics.
o Live or “chat” Q&A with speakers.
• 20-second videos submitted by authors to preview member magazines and journals.
• Readers submit microlearning content (short how-to’s).
o Later from sponsors, if you choose.
o Gather these to make a full session.
• Host a live Hackathon.
• Mystery Diagnosis: An event featuring various conditions for viewers to identify.
Some of these could even stand alone as their own “events”
Member Connect Live! Spin-Off Ideas
Live Roundtable Events (3-4)
• Readers select a table
based on current hot topics.
• Zoom-like format for everyone
• Depending on the time of day,
end with a Happy Hour.
• Goodie box delivery to
home/office with advance
sign up for Happy Hour.
• Could be released anytime.
• Housed in their own channel.
• More impressions here
than at physical event
due to archives.
Consider live events from
Or a standalone series on
practice management topics.
Consider separate events for
other levels of member staff,
such as NPs and PAs for a
• Have speakers extend the conversations via social media with:
o Twitter chats
o AMAs (Ask Me Anything)
o Conversations with a CEO
o And more
• Build micro-communities based on topics to keep viewers together
and on-topic between events.
Continue the Conversation and Maintain Engagement
• Building and hosting the platform and managing the technology.
• Managing the registration process.
• Marketing the events via house ads for association magazines and journals,
and creating and sending two to three emails each month. (With association
promoting the events through social media and via member enewsletters
and other promotions.)
• Selling advertising and sponsorship support, and providing event analytics.
• Organizing and training speakers and moderators.
• Developing programming, gathering content and recording presentations
(after association has identified topics and speakers).
• Fulfilling and distributing Happy Hour boxes.
How We Get There
Ascend can handle as much of the workload as needed so as not to stress your internal resources
April 23, 2021 11
Member Connect Live! Architecture
• Ascend partnered with a number of technology companies to build
the “Meeting Connect Live!” product.
• This product will serve as an extension of your association
and its brand.
• There is flexibility in its presentation:
o It can be white-labeled for your organization.
o It can be wholly integrated into your website with an
o Or it can live as a standalone URL, reflecting the association’s
branding and style guide, and cross-linking between Member
Connect Live! and the association website.
• Include a page in the monthly association member
magazines wrapping up this month and promoting
• Do the same with an email blast each month that
includes a registration link (and advertising banner).
Include links to last month’s program and theater.
• Promote registration link in enewsletters.
• Allow sponsors to do their own program marketing.
• Conduct a quick 3-question survey each month to find
future topics of interest.
• Include registration marketing in other appropriate
Built-in Promotions and Reminders
Future programs can be
listed on a schedule page.
See who else
The ability to view
• Industry Theaters.
• Roundtable sponsorship.
• Display advertising and “supported” content (such as white papers).
• Package elements into “engagement packages.”
• Inserts in Happy Hour boxes. Goodies in boxes come from,
and are branded by, the association. Advertisers simply pay to include their inserts.
• Product Showcase pages.
• Monthly registration promotions email banners.
to play before sessions
Two events monthly in one
channel, then grow to two
events in two channels, etc.
Consider launching with education topics
that historically drive the greatest revenue from
sponsors at your events.
Ideally, set a calendar with at least six months
of topics so the sales team can sell more
Allow 4-6 weeks sales and marketing lead
time for the first event (assuming association
will also spend that time building the topic,
finding speakers, organizing the panel, etc. –
unless association wants Ascend to handle
Initial platform build is also four weeks.
• Let exhibitors hold focus groups; they will pay for the privilege.
• Create a series of advertising-supported, topic-based
(segmented) emails from feedback.
• As they evolve, sell advertising by channel.
• Add challenges and contests to get readers involved
in content creation.
• Add influential bloggers to the space.
• Offer free registration in the beginning, but later consider
if you want any content behind a paywall.
We look forward to continuing the conversation!
• Live education and networking events allowing members
to connect, engage and learn from each other and experts.
• Provides exhibitors and sponsors a tool to connect and engage
with their target market.
• Reinforces the importance of association membership.
• Introduces a new revenue stream with good potential for growth.
• No drain on association resources as the workload can be handled by Ascend
Tricia Walsh, VP of Media Development
email@example.com | 913-344-1480
Eric Jacobson, VP of Media Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | 913-344-1436
A monthly online gathering for association members developed by Ascend Media.