Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Mobile: 07734 716691
A professional business manager with over 25 years experience in various management roles within a
FTSE 100 company, high street retailers and non profit organisations.
A highly organised manager, who has designed, planned and delivered organisational changes across
numerous areas of the businesses I have worked for. These include;
• Supply chain fulfilment from supplier through to customer
• HR changes including work with Trade Unions
• Warehouse building and start up as well as construction work
• Quality assurance of products and suppliers to ISO9000 series
• Delivery of IT implementation projects
• Marketing changes to increase revenue
• Commercial development of a trading arm for a charity
• Development of project and cost management tools for a charity
The roles I have held have also utilised the following key business elements;
• Facilitation of business teams in order to define strategies and plan changes
• Organisation and delivery of changes to defined timescales and deadlines
• Reviewing of processes to improve efficiencies
• Management of budgets and cost control
• Communication planning and delivery and effective colleague and stakeholder engagement
• Event organisation and delivery e.g. conferences to deliver communication and training
• Management of suppliers, third parties and service providers relationships
• Procurement of resources in terms of materials and expertise
• Establishing and utilising KPIs and reporting to manage business areas
• Mentoring to support the management team of a rapidly growing charity
A highly professional manager, who is looking for future contract or interim opportunities, helping
businesses that need to deliver sustainable business changes.
• Experienced team manager and leader of various teams and groups.
• Extremely motivated and results driven striving for continually high standards
• Influential with the ability to work at all levels from colleague to board level
• Highly organised with excellent planning skills
• Resilient, tenacious and accountable, with a strong work ethic
• Passionate about developing engagement through leadership, facilitation, communication and training
• Able to use full project/programme governance if required or to adapt the principles to suit the particular
organisational change where required
• Prince 2 Project Manager
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
Alison Clare Page 1
i-Realise (DHL) Milton Keynes
Project Manager (9m contract – 3 days per week) April 2016 to December 2016
Project Manager reporting to the Payroll Programme Manager delivering the final phases of implementation
and Project Close for the Holiday Pay Project for DHL in order to comply with new legislation. The Project
included making payments to all employees owed Holiday Pay Back Pay and detailed reporting for these
payments. In addition the role included management of the delivery of all training to support DHL Payroll
Sites and enable them to process payroll and the implementation of key systemic fixes to support the
changes required to comply with the new legislation. It also involved establishing regular key stakeholder
communication including status reporting in order to effectively manager final phases of the project delivery
Home Retail Group, Buckinghamshire
Programme Manager (18m contract – 3 days per week) May 2012 to March 2016
Programme Manager reporting to the Commercial Supply Director. Responsible for the Programme
Management of various projects across Supply and Supply Chain from product selection through to
customer. This included the Project Management of the introduction of the Hub and Spoke proposition to
enable same day delivery. This was awarded the Hermes Grand Prix Award at the Supply Chain Awards
2015 to give Argos a market leading customer proposition as part of Argos’ 5 year Transformation
Medical Detection Dogs, Buckinghamshire
Commercial Manager (volunteer – 2 days per week) Feb 2012 to date
Volunteer reporting to the Chief Executive Officer responsible for developing commercial opportunities for
the charity to generate a revenue streams to deliver regular income and minimise the reliance on funding.
To support a more commercial approach to the management and delivery of various cancer and other
medical detection trials in terms of developing project plans and costing to understand the charity spend
and monitor actual costs.
Comet Group Plc, Hertfordshire
Programme Manager (8 month contract – 3 days per week) May to Dec 2011
Programme Manager reporting to the Head of Supply Chain. Primarily responsible for the Project
Management of significant network changes to move to a single 3PL and the closure of an NDC.
Secondarily to support the planning and implementation of a number of key projects to support the Comet
Supply Chain Strategy prior to, during and post the major network changes.
Programme Manager (18 month contract – 3 days per week) Oct 2009 to April 2011
Programme Manager reporting to the Supply General Manager. Responsible for the programme
management of a number of key projects that make up the Comet Supply Strategy. Initially work
focused on the research and planning phases then subsequently moved to the decision making and
implementation phases of the supply strategy.
Project Manager (6 month contract – 3 days per week) March to Aug 2009
Project Manager, reporting to the Supply General Manager, responsible for the delivery of a stock migration
solution to support the network strategy and the closure of a warehouse for this high street retailer.
Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Project Manager (4-month contract – 1 day per week) Nov 2009 to Feb 2010
Project Manager reporting to the Chief Executive of this non profit organisation. Responsible for managing
the restructure of the Faculties and Forums in order to increase the institute membership and level of
engagement with its members.
Home Retail Group, Buckinghamshire
Alison Clare Page 2
Supplier Development Manager 2007 - 2009
Interim Supplier Development Manager reporting to the Supply General Manager. I defined, planned and
delivered a new approach to supplier management in the home delivery supply chain of this FTSE 100
retailer resulting in improve stock availability and increased sales. Direct reports - two Supply Mangers.
Change Programme Manager 2004 - 2007
Reporting to the Distribution Development Manager and Distribution Director my role delivered a
governance structure to deliver the distribution change programme of c40 projects. In addition I was
responsible for the project management of some key projects within the programme. Direct report – Project
Distribution HR Project Manager 2003 - 2004
Project Manager reporting to the Distribution HR Manager in order to plan and manage the delivery of
changes to working practices across the distribution operation involving 3000 colleagues. The resulting
changes to Terms and Conditions produced business savings of £2.5m per annum.
Supply Chain Project Manager 2001 - 2003
Reporting to the Supply Chain Programme Manager my role was to manage the delivery of supply chain
improvement between distribution and stores. Direct reports - two Process Analysts.
Supply Chain Analyst 1997 - 2001
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager I was part of a small team of operational business experts set up to
review Argos' supply chain and identify opportunities that existed.
Quality Development Manager 1987 - 1997
Quality Development Manager reporting to the Quality Manager having been promoted from Quality
Engineer. Responsible for the quality and safety of all products and suppliers as well as compliance to
legislative requirements. Managed a team of up to 20 engineers and field-based technicians.
Alison Clare Page 3