DIAG - Università degli Studi di Roma, “La Sapienza”
Pervasive Systems 2015/2016
STH - Main Concept
● There is an hidden treasure (Intel Curie).
● Players must find the treasure using their
● Intel Curie provides environmental and motion
● Smartphones/Tablets read these informations to
provide suggestions to the player.
● Whoever finds the treasure first wins!
STH - Basic Functionalities
● Intel Curie
○ Sensors Calibration
○ Periodically reads environmental and motion
informations through sensors and sends these info to
smartphones/tablets when requested.
● The android application implements the most of the tasks:
○ Distance suggestions: Proximity algorithm using RSSI.
○ Environment suggestions: Sensors data processing and
○ Irrelevant/Fake suggestions
○ User-friendly interface.
STH - Future Investigations
● Investigate other network technologies (e.g., NFC, Wi-Fi
Direct, etc ...).
● User-User interaction
○ Power-ups ( e.g., see how close are other players to
the treasure, increase of suggestions frequency,
○ Weapons ( e.g., disable suggestions to some or all
adversary, Man-in-the-Middle, fake suggestions, etc