Vipul Amin is a successful shareholder,
businessman and part of the expert management
team who set up a successful UK internet company
called uSwitch.com in the year 2000.
The great idea
• uSwitch.com was a revolutionary idea at that time.
• It became the leading energy price comparison site in
the UK market.
• The website had broad and rich content.
• It was seen as a consumer champion.
• The website acted as a major shot in the arm for
competition within the UK market.
• It all became about ‘who could offer the
best tariff’, rather than ‘who could cram in the most
• The key to its success was deregulation, which
allowed UK consumers to switch their energy
suppliers, blowing the markets for electricity and gas
wide open. The notion that any one
company could have a
monopoly, became a thing of the past.
The great move
• Vip Amin, was the Finance Director at the
time, and a shareholder
• uSwitch.com was sold for a sum of £210
million ($400 million) to the US company
EW Scripps in 2006.
• Nowadays uSwitch compares all kind of
Broadband & TV
Vipul Amin is a very dynamic businessman.
After the uSwitch sale, he has been involved in many great business
ventures worldwide ranging from countries such as the USA, UK and
India to name but a few.
He currently holds no less than 12 appointments at 12 different active
companies all over the world.