NoAon 1: OrganizaAons don’t exist!
• OrganizaAons can’t be grasped, touched, tasted
• They are part of the illusion producAon /
process inside your head
• What is the illusion product of the OrganizaAon
inside your own head?
‘Your mind makes it real’ (The Matrix)
More than 100 years Organization history
Before the reorganizaAon
AUer the reorganizaAon
NoHon 2: OrganisaHons are inside people/
people aren’t in organisaHons!
NoHon 3: OrganisaHons cannot be Agile; Humans can!
Double Sigmoid Curve
NoHon 4: The past and future are concurrent.
The Ad Interim
(changes between tradition and future)
So? The Future must have started at some point in Hme?
• If an organisaHon is just an illusion in your
• What does this mean for the following
– A teal organizaHon?
– A reorganizaHon?
– OrganizaHonal Change Management?
Onwards to organising without organisaHons.
(OrganisaHons you might have in mind throughout course of Hme)
Changing the organizaHon
is changing the
conversaHon about the
organizaHon (how we
produce the organizaHon
in our head?).
AGILE FOR PROJECTS!
AGILE AS ORGANISATIONAL-MODEL?
From system- to social environment
from Organisa,on to Coopera,ve
On the website of Agile ConsorHum
Read for ‘Organisms’ is the same as Complex Adap9ve People
Agile Enterprse = oﬄine WhatsApp
Since 1848/1911: side view
= top-down & bo`om-up
Teams 2017: top view
= front line & rear line
Agile in which situaHon?
Two types of organisaHons: (1) American way and (2)
European way = The Rhineland way of organizing.
• OrganisaHons where skilled professionals are
accountable to managers (1.0 en 2.0): Agile
implemented, however sHll a delicate exercise unless
introduced as a pilot project.
• Skilled professionals who control and run the
organisaHon by themselves. (3.0 en 4.0): Agile is a
natural and eﬀortless organic process (Complex AdapHve
TO LEAD OR BEING LED, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
• Back Oﬃce drives the Front-Oﬃce (American way)
• Front Oﬃce drives the Back-Oﬃce (The Rhineland way)
(Looks like the Rhineland Way)
front oﬃce steers the back oﬃce
April 25 ‘16 started with 2.300 individuals
as ‘Housekeeping Aids’
(aier TSN-thuiszorg went bankrupt )
Nine Months later
• Nearly 200 teams
• Break Even
• Sick leave reduced from 12% to 4,5%
• Full Occupancy rate 85%
• No issues worth menHoning
• (with the excepHon of City Government)
• It works! Agile by nature (organic)
• Agile = Autonomy = Bliss!
Complex AdapAve People See: lecture Ard Leferink how it is organized
in the back oﬃce (‘teal’ Buurtzorg inside)
What people are saying?
• “ I enjoy going to work 10 Hmes more than I did
• “I really appreciate geong more informaHon, it
makes me understand my work a lot bePer”;
• “It is great to ﬁnally have colleagues to talk to and
discuss work with”.
Agile is only a rumor unHl it lives in the muscle
Links 2 YouTube
• Movie 1: Ants create a lifeboat =
• Movie 2: Crossing street (Hanoi) =
• Movie 3: Terrace (welcome to paradise) by Lebbis =
• Movie 4: The strange bike =