Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Group 2 Members are: Ding Lu,Afreh Kwame, YakovishinOleksandr, Lossini Yasin and Salahuddin Muhammed.
I. How have technologies affected our relationships with others?II. What are the social implications of ubiquitous computing?III. What are some of the ethical dilemmas society is facing due to advances in technology?IV. Discuss an advantage and disadvantage associated with these rapid changes of pace.V. How do you think the advance of computing technology will impact our world in the next 50 years?
1. Technology has increased our ability to communicate more frequently and across vast distance. Mobile phones E-mails 2 Technology has hinder the growth of natural relationships. Facebook-users are concern with quantity than quality when it comes to friends.3 Technology has rob children from developing interpersonal skills .
4. Technology has and is still helping people to communicate in a more sophisticate ways than message sticks, smoke signals, semaphore etc
1. Invading privacy2. Given way to unemployment3. Deskilling jobs4. Reducing the ability of government to control their economies5. pornography6. Destroying culture7. Maniplation of the ’truth’
1. Internet Usage.a. Illegal downloading of Music, Movies, Booksb. Plagiarismc. Pirated Software ( Copying, distributing withoutany permission )d. Copyright
1 Technology has improved existing business process Use of sophisticated IT system .example, e-invoicing Netbanking2 Creating completely new business models Using extensive monitoring & searching capabilites e.g pay-per use Ordering a book from Amazon.com3 Inf luence macro-economic effect s
4 With technology medical science is very progressive and vastly available.e.g the new Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) treatment equipment for people with depression yet to be use.5 Creation of new jobs.6 Technology has facilitated the movement of people
1 Terrorism2 Destroying cities3 Over Dependency4 Lack of job security-One needs to learn always.5 Dominant Culture e.g U.S culture is almost every where.6 Glowbal warming-highly developed machinery pollutes the globe.7 Creates new diseases and disorders such as obesity, laziness and a loss of personality.
1. Virtual universities2. Powerful microchips3. Robots4. Finger print as a sensor5. Intelligent market6. Virtual games7. Technology will be available to the whole community8. Mediccal inventions like robot doctors, artificial food,experiment on animals
1. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command =viewArticleBasic&articleId=90037522. http://www.vs.inf.ethz.ch/publ/papers/langhein_aswemayliv e_2002.pdf3. www.nae.edu4. http://www.partnerships.org.uk/itf/itfsum.html (inventing the future-communities in the information societies)5. www.humanismtoday.org6. Management Information System By Kenneth C. Laudon and Jane P. Laudon.