The second example is our portfolio deck that is really build around investor needs. We provide the relevant information in a simple format. Normallly in banking interfaces you don’t have such indicators: Risk forecast, how much can I loose over the next month?, An indicator of liquidity of your investments, or a measure for Portfolio diversification.
A measure for diversification?
Robo-advisory as a Service [Teaser]
Robo-advisory as a service: the AdviseOnly solution
What AdviseOnly is and does
AdviseOnly is not a traditional robo-advisor, it is an investment advice hub for
investors of any level of expertise and wealth.
Born in 2011 as a B2C service, it has then extend its activities to B2B2C
The heart of AdviseOnly is a proprietary financial engine that imports raw data from data providers like
Morningstar, and produces three main outputs: Investment portfolios, investment tools and risk
estimates. The outputs of our financial engine are supplied to financial institutions through a layer of
APIs and to the savers public through our website
AdviseOnly financial engine: structure
A robust financial engine is key: the “dark” side of robo-
Many robo-advisors determine their “optimal investments mix “ solving the efficient frontier,
using the Mean-Variance Optimization, foundation of the "Modern Portfolio Theory" by
The efficient frontier model needs to estimate too many parameters with respect to the real
disposable data, resulting in and indefinite (and not very helpful) output.
Robo-advisory : the AdviseOnly solution
AdviseOnly has designed a modular solution for financial institutions . The soluution can be
supplied either in white-labeling either with our brand on it.
The principal characteristics of the AdviseOnly solution are:
• Flexibility in the choice of portfolios according to the commercial target
• Portfolios can be designed by the AdviseOnly Financial team or by the client.
• The user interface can be highly personalized in terms of the risk measures and key indicators.
• Low impact on the technological structure and minimal involvment of the IT department of
• The possibility to choose between a «generic advisory» approach and a full Mifid one with
Robo-advisory :1) Portfolio choice
AdviseOnly can create many
type of portfolio models:
• Target portfolios (designed
according to the mental
accounts theory), defining
life goals for the users
• temathic (es. secular trends);
• “Best ideas” (according to
the client research and
• Equal risk contribution
Robo-advisory: 2) Risk indicators and metrics
In addition to the usual ex-post risk
measures, AdviseOnly can provide
many innovative indicators:
• Risk estimates (es.
MaxDrawDown, VaR, Expected
Shortfall, component VaR, ecc),
• Measures of portfolio structure
• Risk graphics like Ibbotson cones.
AdviseOnly can provide clear and
complete data sheets for portfolios and
Robo-advisory: 3) Interface and reporting
Why partnering up with AdviseOnly
• AdviseOnly has a track-record in online financial advisory services, either direct
either for third parts.
• A proprietary financial engine that is the state-of-the-art in risk management
• Capability to minimize the negative impact of IT legacy for the client, with
minimum impact on its IT dept and delivery as SaaS (APIs or similar)
• Operational flexibility and skills in developing interfaces for online wealth
• Possibility to work directly on complex projects either in partnership with the
internal IT of the client and with different software houses.