10 marketers who nailed it with hugely viral facebook posts
10. McDonalds: 153,049 likes in October. The tried, trusted andfamiliar can sometimes work well on Facebook. (Total brand Likesare shown at the top of the image, new Likes for the specific postsare at the bottom of the image.)
9. Ferrari: 196,070 likes in October. Yes, sportssponsorships work in social media.
8. Dior: 217,796 likes in October. This postwon points because it combines beauty withan extremely unusual image.
7. National Geographic: 220,533 likes in October. NatGeobenefitted from a little bit of ambush marketing here —this was a Red Bull stunt.
6. Walmart: 254,125 likes in October. Pollswork. Note the timing: right beforeHalloween.
5. Disney: 387,700 likes in October. One tactic is to userepurposed content to create shareable memes.
4. Red Bull: 539,610 likes in October. The Baumgartnerstunt generated a ton of traditional media headlines too.
3. Subway: 729,412 likes in October. Admit it,its hilarious.
2. Facebook: 1,025,154 likes in October. (Thisone seems a bit unfair.)
1. CoverGirl: 1,278,492 likes in October.Human drama + good cause + beauty = viral.