Be the first to like this
Ten Things You Can Do
1. Support international shark fisheries’ management and conservation efforts.
2. Contact your local government representative. Demand that shark management
and conservation efforts become a priority.
3. Support organizations, like Project AWARE, which are engaged in ocean
4. Educate recreational fishers who target sharks.
5. Learn about marine life, its problems and solutions.
6. Make informed decisions when purchasing products that may contain shark
substances, as many shark species are overfished.
7. Support educational television programs and films about sharks.
8. Write to travel operators and urge them to introduce shark conservation issues into fishing trips to highlight the need for
controls on shark fishing.
9. Pass on your underwater experiences with sharks as a scuba diver.
10. Tell your friends. Spread the word about shark conservation efforts and how humans need to come together to help
preserve this precious resource.