Adlib gebruikersgroep - voorjaarsbijeenkomst 2014 - Paul Leaman - The Clover Project
• Introducing “Clover”
• Development Team
• Project Aims
• Key New Features
Joined Axiell in 2004.
Was the lead developer for Calm.
Now team leader for the “Clover” project.
• In April 2008 Axiell merged with DS.
• In March 2013, Adlib Information System was acquired.
• In November 2013, Selago Design was acquired
• Merger has left Axiell with three similar products:
• This is unsustainable in the long term, so a decision was made to
merge the products.
• Project clover aims to produce a single application using the best ideas
from Adlib, Calm and Mimsy.
• Initially a browser-based product.
• Plans to produce a Windows and Mac client later.
• Using latest technologies and tools.
• Phased introduction of features.
• Committed to support existing products for 5 Years after release of the
• Lot of combined experience and expertise between Calm and Adlib
• Team currently consists 4 developers
o Two in UK
o Two in Holland
• Use Adlib’s database engine as a base.
• Only make changes to the core when absolutely necessary.
• Will be fully backwards compatible with existing Adlib Designer
• Adlib API, database and record structure will not change as a result of
• Where changes are unavoidable, there will be a migration pathway.
KEY NEW FEATURES
• Improvements to result set
o Grid view with columns
o Appears on-screen and interacts with the record editor.
o Allows images
o Users can customise the columns
• Calm-style date parser.
o For example “early 20th century”.
• More flexibility with tabbed data entry screens.