June BrainSwarm!Biomimicry NYC regional network 06.18.12
Agenda: June 186:30 Welcome & Updates 20 mins6:50 Website! 10 mins Member7:00 Questionnaire 10 mins BrainSwarm!7:10 -- Break into groups 40 mins7:50 Wrap Up + Adjourn 10 mins
Timeline Teams report back andThis meeting mission reevaluationMay June July August September October November ‘Prototyping’ Initiatives Second push (Summer Cycle) (Fall Cycle)
Announcements1. Global Network Cohort Member2. October Events3. Website!4. Member Questionnaire + NYC Inventory5. Sign-ups
1. Biomimicry Cohort of Networks11 Cohort Networks1. Biomimicry Netherlands2. Biomimicry South Africa3. Biomimicry North East Ohio4. Biomimicry Oregon5. Biomimicry Texas6. Biomimicry Chicago7. Bay Area Biomimicry Network8. Biomimicry Puget Sound9. Biomimicry Mexico10.Biomimicry NYC11.Biomimicry Switzerland
1. Biomimicry Cohort of NetworksBiomimicry NYC has joined a "cohort" of networks around the world that will work togetheron developing strategies and best practices for regional networks and the global “networkof networks”.The cohort program will provide an introductory curriculum for:o network developmento peer-to-peer learning opportunitieso dialogue opportunities with B3.8 Leadership and staffo a pathway to Affiliate status as a regional network of the B3.8 global network.
2. Cooper Hewitt AwardsTentative Schedule: Week of Events1. Biomimicry NYC Backyard Workshop: October 12-14 (TBD)2. Biomimicry 3.8 Major Donor Dinner: October 16 (TBD)3. Cooper Hewitt Design Mind Award: October 174. Biomimicry 3.8 + BNYC Corporate Clients Cocktail Event: October 17 or 18 (TBD)5. Omega Institutes Design by Nature Conference: October 19-21
2. Cooper Hewitt Awards Proposed: Biomimicry Week“A city mentored by nature’s genius”
4. Member QuestionnairePurpose:a) Understand and leverage our strengthsb) Build and diversify our network w a comprehensive inventory of individuals, companies, organizations, associations, projects, venues, etc.
5. Sign UpsA. October Events CommitteeB. Monthly BrainSwarm Talks/Presentation a) practice our skills b) share and build upon our work
BrainSwarm: Project Teams- Create objectives- Set a communication plan- Assign specific responsibilities- Set an independent meeting date- Groups will report back at our July meeting