Action Research: LSRW
• Presented by : Abulhasan Aabedi
• Roll No: 01
• M.A. Sem: 3
• Topic: Action Research on Four Skills
• Paper no. 12 ELT
• Enrollment No: 2069108420180001
• Batch: 2017-19
• Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submitted To: Department of English MK
• The first use of the action research after the world
war 2 by Kurt Lewin for developing societal
• Stephan M. Corey connected with education to
improve School practice.
• Action research, an interactive method of collecting
information that is used to explore topics of
teaching, curriculum development and students
behavior in the classroom.
Characteristic of Action research
• Action research is a method of solving problems of
classroom and school on a scientific basis.
• Through Action research we can make teaching
learning process interesting.
• It is less costly in terms of time, energy and money.
• It is a useful and practical tools of teachers, for
teachers and used by teachers.
Importance of this research
• For solving classroom problem through scientific
• To break traditional atmosphere of classroom
through transformation and innovation.
• We can evaluate action research.
• Teachers can increase their preparedness and
cultivate their sense of classroom problem solving.
• Remedial education can be found so the level of
education will elevated.
Types of Action Research
• Collaborative ✓
• School-wide action
Ladder of Action Research
3.Probable Causes of
• When I have conducted an
interaction with 10th std.
students of V.D. Chitaliya
govt. High School, there I
found that many students
were very weak in four
basic skills of English
• School: Shree V.D.
• Class: 10th –C
• Subject- English
• In my first visit I interacted on LSRW skills and I
found that students are very weak in these basic
• I came to know about previous efforts of English
• When I asked to read and speak, then many
students were unable to read and speak in proper
• I talked to students about the importance of English
and also talked about the problems which they are
facing. In addition, I also talked with English teacher.
Probable Causes of Problems
No. Probable Causes
Can I do
Facts Supposition Yes No
1 Student’s disinterestedness towards
✔ ✔ 5
2 No further information about English ✔ ✔
3 Problem in learning English ✔ ✔
4 Teacher don’t teach properly ✔ ✔ 1
5 Don’t do homework seriously ✔ ✔
6 Don’t try to learn English ✔ ✔
7 Other subjects take too much time ✔ ✔
8 Can’t get the chance to read and speak ✔ ✔ 4
9 Teacher don’t use teaching tools ✔ ✔ 3
10 Fear of error in speaking and reading ✔ ✔ 2
11 Negative attitude to learn new things ✔ ✔
12 Engaged in household & other work with
• If we apply the method learning by doing so
students can take part interestingly.
• If teacher use various tools so students can
understand easily without boredom.
• If teacher use various methods, approaches and
techniques so students can learn better.
• If teacher organized elocution, essay writing in daily
schedules so students’ stage fear will removed.
• If teacher use smart board so students can easily
learn through audio-visual and improve LSRW.
No. Time Function Teaching
1 First Two
Observe the problems and
gave information about
2 Last two
Spelling game and
Paragraph writing, poetry
recitation and dictation
Remedial classes how to
read and basic grammar
rules to make correct spell
, chalk &
Grammar topics and
Written test Learnt
• Student’s interest have raised towards English
through various activities.
• Students taking part in classroom activities.
• Understood grammar rules.
• Improved writing and pronunciation.
• Students got interest in supplementary reading.
• Students are started giving unite test.
• Students are interested in doing homework.
Conclusion and Result
• Students knew the importance of English in the life.
• 30% students dislike new method of learning.
• 70% students liked learning by doing through
various teaching aids.
• Many students are started taking part in every
• Students are trying to talk in English.
• English teacher will continue to teach in various
methods, approaches and techniques.
• Teacher will use teaching aids like laptop, charts,
audio recorders, websites, etc.
• Teacher will give chance to students to speak and
read during lectures.
• Teacher will check daily homework and will take
List of the Experimental students
No. Name of the students
1 Shirvaniya Divya Narsinhbhai
2 Mer Sejal Devshibhai
3 Hadiya Anita
4 Vekariya Jigyasha Bharatbhai
5 Rathod Kailas Popatbhai
6 Hadiya Manisha Bhupatbhai
7 Vaghela Nirali Rameshbhai
8 Rathod Bhargav Bhaskarbhai
9 Rathod Tushar Bharatbhai
10 Rathod Vijay Rajabhai
11 Sarvaiya Harshul Vitthalbhai
12 Rathod Gopal Rajabhai
13 Rathod Manoj Sukhabhai
• The present Action Research I have completed
by the co-operation of school teacher Lalji
Galani sir. This work may be very beneficial for
the students as well as teacher to improve the
teaching style. I want to say that all teachers
should do this kind of work to be a master in
his her subjects. At last, I thankful to all the
students and school to support and