TRAINING OF TRAINERS (TOT)
What is training?
• A training is “a planned process to modify attitude,
knowledge or skills behavior through learning
experience to achieve effective performance in an
activity or range of activities” J.Kenny and M.R.Reid
• In brief: “A training is a development of skills that
people will use in performing their jobs.”
Aims and objectives of Training.
• To provide knowledge and skills for people to use in
performing their jobs.
• To enable the participants (Trainees) acquire new
specific skills and techniques of performing their job.
• To enable the participants cope with innovations and
techniques required in performance of their jobs.
Train the Trainer
It's not enough to train the workforce, you
also have to train the trainer:
The training field can change fast, which makes
training for trainers crucial. New methodologies. New
discoveries about the way adults learn. Changing
expectations from trainees & from your company.
• Training the trainer courses give you the practical
platform skills and confidence you need to succeed.
• This training for trainers workshop will show you how
to become a facilitator of learning, not just a presenter.
You’ll build confidence, engage your audience from
the beginning and leave your trainees praising your
Important aspects and skills in a training session.
• Participants’ expectations should be clarified.
• Training program objectives and schedule should be made
• Norms of behavior (Ground rules may be set).
• A relaxed climate for participants should be established.