Training Leader: Mr. Md. Akbar Hassan
Date: 3rd , 4th & 5th December, 2015
• Reactive is, reactive is about dealing with
situations when that happen as there is no choice.
Reactive people fear difficult situations and
changes because of lack of confidence.
• Proactive is, acting in advance, before a
situation becomes a problem. It is about
causing something to happen instead of
waiting for it to happen. It is acting before
problems arise. It is turning difficult situations
• To be proactive, you must first develop
foresight. Learn to anticipate problems and
events. Understand how things work; look for
patterns; recognize the regular routines, daily
practices and natural cycles that exist.
• Never be complacent. Use your creativity &
logic. Proactive people are always on their toes.
• Proactive people foresee potential obstacles and
exert their power to find ways to overcome those
before those obstacles turn into concrete
• When challenges approach, take control and
confront them head on before they grow into
• Proactive people plan for the future. Bring the
future into the present; what can you do today
to ensure success tomorrow?
• In order to make the best decision, know
where you came from, where you are, and
where you want to end up.
• Proactive people are not idle observers, they
are active participants. To be proactive, you
must get involved. Take initiative and be a part
of the solution. Exert your influence and make
• Being proactive means taking timely, effective
action. You must be decisive and willing to do
the work NOW. Procrastination is not an
option. Take ownership of your performance
and hold yourself accountable. Being proactive
means you have taken careful, thoughtful
steps to choose the appropriate path.