School of Management Studies
BBA II Year4th Semester
Healthcare in Analytics
Dr. I.J. Raghavendra
Presenting On - 29/03/23, 11:00 to 12:00 pm
(TL) 21BBA036 Abhishek Christ Das
21BBA007 Jyoti Das
21BBA021 Sai Kumar
21BBA027 Kotni Rohit
What is HealthCare in Analytics
HealthCare Analytics is
the process of analyzing
current and historical
industry data to predict
trends, improve outreach,
and even better manage
the spread of diseases.
1. Collecting data through sources such as electronic
health records, cost reports, etc.
2. Transforming data into easily understood insights.
3. Implementing healthcare database security protocols.
Uses of Analytics in HealthCare Sector
4. Organizing and maintaining databases.
5. Sharing key findings with stakeholders.
6. Providing recommendations and
supporting decision making to improve
Benefits of HealthCare and Analytics
1. Improved diagnostics: Analyzing vast amounts of data.
2. Better patient care: Clarity in Patients treatment.
3. Better health outcomes: Prediction of Future outcomes
for best possible results.
4. Improved patient interactions: Better understand the health
of the patients.
5. Increased health indicators: Increase the efficiency in determining
the probability of certain disease.
6. Enhanced patient experiences: Patient feedback
in several categories.
7. Better decision making in procedures: Gain
insights from their data for decision making.
8. Preventative care: Predict the probability of a
9. Facilities management: Improves the operation
of the facility.
Application of Analytics in HealthCare
1. Staffing Prediction: Effective staff management in allocation.
2. Electronic Health Records (EHRs): Utilization of large
amount of unorganised data.
3.Strategic Planning: Help in making predictions using
6. Patient Flow: Ensuring smooth patient flow and
reducing waiting period.
4. Fraud Reduction: Reducing the loss of data
by keeping it secure.
5. Improved Distribution and Medical Logistics: Manage
the distribution of medicine and healthcare appliances
9. Pre-adjudication and fraud analysis: Process large
numbers of claims to reduce fraud and abuse.
7. Cost and Effectiveness: Used to compare the cost
and effectiveness of treatments.
8. Effective resource management: Used to track and
manage patients and staffs.
Examples of HealthCare and Analytics
1. Real-time Alerting. 2. Prevent Opioid abuse.
3. Predictive Analytics in Healthcare.
4. Reducing Fraud and Enhancing Security.
5. Big-Data Analytics and medical imaging.
6. Advanced disease and Risk Control.