1. Mobility & IoT
2. Impact of Enterprise Mobility on IAM landscape
3. Use cases : Mobility & IAM
4. Industry Analysis
5. Future direction
6. Q & A
Internet of Things & Mobility
The computer industry is the only industry that is more fashion-driven than women’s fashion. – Larry Ellison.
What is Internet of Things ?
Mobile Internet – Economic Value.
Retail , Logistics , Healthcare , Insurance , Government etc.
Business Drivers (Enterprise Mobility)
1. Operational Efficiencies / Reduced time in Decision making
2. Increases Employees’ productivity
3. Bring-Your-Own-Device movement ( Nearly 70% of employers allow it. )
4. Employee Satisfaction
5. Increases Customer/Partner Engagement ( Brand Management )
6. Need to Innovate
7. Context aware marketing / Self-service / Removing field assets
Impact on IAM
Can the corporation secure its most precious assets while boosting productivity and employee satisfaction?
Risks - Physical Devices , Network security and Data Security
[Access based attacks , Device loss, rogue malicious apps , SMS attacks]
Securing Corporate information is of top priority for CIOs – 41%
Enterprise Applications which are instigating urgency
Social Collaborative tools
Cloud based document repositories
Payroll and Enterprise Travel apps
MS Office on Mobile apps.
What needs to be done ?
1. Securing Data for Mobile Consumption
2. Optimizing app performance while accessing Enterprise information
3. Securing/Adapting Mobile access to Enterprise APIs
4. Device/User level authentication & authorization
5. Support disparate devices and Operating Systems
6. Risk based Control and investigation – Compliance.
7. Over all lower TCO
a. Mobile Device Management
b. Mobile Identity Management
c. Mobile App Management
Use cases (Mobility & IAM)
1. User and Device authentication/authorization
2. Fingerprinting of devices
3. Device Blacklisting / Whitelisting ( Incase device is stolen or lost)
4. Single-Sign On
5. Multi-factor authentication / KBA / Context aware
6. Fingerprint authentication ( Just like iPhone 5s feature )
7. Data management
Encryption of data
Local wipe initiated by remote admin – segregate personal data.
Data can be shown on only browser or virtualized apps
Snapshot capability – capture current config and backing up
Use cases (Mobility & IAM)
7. Directory integration
8. Support for ease of development and integration – more compelling proposition.
9. Respect Employee privacy – App Containerization
10. Fine grained policy based authorizations
11. Ability to generate comprehensive reports to meet compliance needs
Threat of substituents.
Threat of new Entrants
Bargaining power of Suppliers
Bargaining power of Buyers - High
Competitive rivalry with in Industry
SDK – platform agnostic
Data at-rest encryption (wipe out)
Device blacklisting & Device inventory
Capabilities (Info of device ,user etc)
User & Device authentication/authorization
Protection of APIs
Remote Management of Devices & Apps
REST based Directory Interface
Mobile Application containerization
Identity 2.0 ( Social , Open ID etc )
1. IoT market problems
2. Support for IPV6 ; (IPv4 and IPv6 are not interoperable)
3. Fingerprint / Voice Recognition or even stronger Authentication
4. Support for storing billions of Identities in stores which provide better performance
5. R&D around making these ID stores available on a CDN like network.
6. More segregation on Corporate and Personal data/access management.