Mumbai 7045128702 Senior fashion designer.4
NIFT graduate Bangalore 2006-2010 Degree: B.Des (Bachelor of design) fashion and apparel. BY MINISTRY OF5
TEXTILES, GOVT. OF INDIA6
Experience: 6 years 3 months8
WORK /INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE DURING FASHION ACADEMIC CAREER 2005-20109
CRAFT RESEARCH DOCUMENTATION: EMBROIDERY DESIGNING.2007 INDUSTRY INTERNSHIP
Learnt and did research on lambani embroidery and developed samples and swatches with nomad tribes during2 months programme in
Association with NIFT cluster initiative.Embroidery samples were converted into fashion products likebags,garments and accessories
Supported by Ministry of textiles, Govt. Of India.The documented projectis used as a reference sourcein the NIFT BANGALORE Library.
DESIGNER | WARDROBE STYLING
From 2005 to 2010 .Model portfolios|weddingstylist|print|editorial|catalogs|ads|corporate|music videos|theatre.
Backstagecoordinator for shows|assistantchoreographer|personal shopper (On freelanceand project basis)
• Backstagingfor NIFT fashion shows.
• Designed and developed accessories,costumes for Attakalari.Bangalorecultural festival 2009
in association with kinetika,UK.carnival company
• Co-ordinated and choreographed thematic fashion shows for software and corporate companies like“Honeywell’ etc.
Bangaloreas partof their annual festivalsand celebrations.2006-2010.
• Backstageco-ordinator for kids wear fashion shows held at Windsor manor,Bangalore-2009.
• Backstageco-ordinator for Blenders pride fashion shows held atClub Nero, Bangalore-2009.
• Worked as freelancefashion stylistfor model portfolios,designed costumes and styled for numerous theatre plays.
WORK EXPERIENCE AFTER GRADUATIONFROM NIFT.(2010 TO PRESENT)
FULL TIME JOBS
FASHION DESIGN INTERN | JOLE CLOTHING PVT LTD.BANGALORE. 3 months. May2010-July2010. INDUSTRY INTERNSHIP
Privately Held; 60 TO 70 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry.
Internship projectat Jole clothingfor various Indian and Dubai based buyers and clientbrands like Splash and many popular
brands involving Indian and western women’s wear.
Produced detailed market survey study document and presentations to identify clientprofile.
Developed innovativecmt and embroidery samples.
Developed mood, look, and trend boards.Developed graphic prints and embroidery motifs.
Designed western women’s wear collection for spring/summer 2010.
FASHION/COSTUME DESIGNER AND STYLING, FILM PROJECT. August 2010-September 2010.INDUSTRY INTERNSHIP
Ethnic , Indo-western,fusion and western wear.
Worked as an assistantcostumedesigner for the movie “Aa Muskuraa”produced by Humsafar Trust in association with Ministry Of
Health,Government Of India.Directed by eminent filmdirector and organizer of Kashish International FilmFestival in Mumbai Mr. Sridhar
Rangayan.The filmstarred many well known Hindi and Marathi actors.
Understandingcharacter/ look of actor roles.
Fittings and measurements.
Alterations,guidingcostumehelpers,wardrobe selection,sourcingand rentingcostumes for actors.
Researching the styles and clothingneeded for filmand theatrical productions.
Designingcustom clothingand accessories for film,celebrity appearances, Ads ,Tvcs and printshoots.
Grouping, mix and matchingof various costumes.
Decidingupon look,hair,make-up and accessories.
Team working with make-up artists,hairstylistsand other crew members of the film.
Maintainingrecords aboutvariouslooks in differentscenes(scenecontinuity)
Helpingfilmartists to wear costumes correctly and desired draping.
Ensuring proper maintenance of costumes throughout the filmshoot.
JUNIOR DESIGNER | MERCHANDISING AND PRODUCTION CO-ORDINATOR. EXPORT AND RETAIL MARKET
AANCHAL APPARELS PVT LTD.MUMBAI.(INTERNATIONAL HIGH FASHION COUTURE EMBROIDERY AND CLOTHING EXPORT
HOUSE)MUMBAI/NEWYORK. SEPTEMBER 2010 TO SEPTEMBER 2011.(1 YEAR)WOMEN’S WEAR DESIGNER 300 TO 400 EMPLOYEES.
IN-HOUSE NEWYORKBASED COUTUREDESIGNER LABEL”SACHIN + BABI” HIGH- FASHION WESTERN WOMEN’S WEAR ,a two and a half year old
fashion collection,borneof their existingcompanies,ANK Embroideries,(under which they design and manufacture designer an d couture
embroideries for some of the biggest fashion houses) and ANKASA (the 5 year old luxury home furnishingsbrand). Collection issold in over
300 doors around the world,includingNeiman Marcus,Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Holt Renfrew.
Listed in style.com and worn by many Hollywood stars.
SEPTEMBER 2010 TO APRIL 2011.(8 MONTHS)
Learnt the entire process from research,sourcing,design development to sampling,production,marketingand sales.Coutureswatch order
developments for clothes and accessories.
1. Developed and executed samples for international brandslikeOSCAR DE LA RENTA,CAROLINA HERRERA,NEIMAN MARCUS,GUCCI,NINA
RICCI,ESCADA,CHANEL,ELIE SAAB,DEREK LAM,CHRISTIAN DIOR ETC. 2.
Developed samples for in-houselabel “SACHIN + BABI” For spring,fall and resortseasons. 3.
Assisted designers in design development process,silhouettes and givinginputs abouttrends. 4.
Fabric consumption,trims,costing,sourcing,buying,garment construction,technical finishingand checking,embroidery artworks and
5. Executed production orders from samplingto delivery.
6. Developed showroom samples as per the upcoming trends.
7. Helped in sourcingof required fabric and accessory suppliers,embroiders and printers.
8. Day to day communication with company team in Newyork through mails and calls.Follow-upswith manufacturingunits,fabric and trim
suppliers based in Hongkong, Turkey and China through mails and telephonic conversation.
9. Makingof spec sheets, checking of fashion productsamples before shippingout,making notes of required corrections.
10. Garments worn by leadingHollywood stars and presencefelt at Newyork fashion week and Mercedes Benz fashion week.
11. Dealing,handling, regular follow-up with master cutters,karigars,beaders ,dyers,printers,vendors,suppliers artwork artists,khaka
artists,and embroiders. ,
12. Assistinghead designers duringmodel fittings and taking notes of corrections.
13. Maintainingvariousfiles and records aboutsamples,technical corrections,patterns,spec sheets, costsheets etc and updating
14. Regular participation in effective marketing, promotion, sales meetings with senior colleagues.
15.Communicated with product managers on a regular basis about specs,fabrics and detailsfor all productcategories.
SENIOR FASHION DESIGNER | FASHION STYLIST AND CONSULTANT FOR IN-HOUSE BRAND “STUDIO MELANGE. SEPTEMBER 2011 TO
SEPTEMPER 2012 (1 YEAR) WOMEN’S AND MENS WEAR DESIGNER.
MELANGE (SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP) MULTI–DESIGNER HIGH-END FASHION HOUSE OF APPARELS AND ACCESSORIES WITH IN-HOUSE
Sole Proprietorship; 30-50 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry
Designed and developed many collections (clothes,accessories,interior products)asper ongoingseason and upcoming trends.
Designing garments, accessories ,cushion covers,stoles,bags etc
Constructed garments in caseof lacuna in thestore.
Handlingalterations and design orders fromclients.
Supervised the studio.
Designed as per personal clientelerequirements.
Offering consultation on wardrobe,dressmaking and of traditional and bridal wears.
Follow-ups on deliveries.
Fashion stylingand consultation to clients during shop floor hours.
Visual merchandisingand display of storeand products.
Costingof apparel and accessories,coding and tagging.
Sourcing of fabrics and accessories.
Formed patterns for technical designers.
Developed innovativesurfaceornamentation and fabric manipulation techniques.
Reviewed and acquired samples of latesttextile products by attending trade shows and visitingproducers.
Daily followup with suppliers,dyers,beaders.
Contribution in field research through product growth, offered visual design and merchandisingsupportto key clients.
Shortlisted 12 entries accordingto preference in “IIT Mood Indigo “fashion showcontest.
Sellingof garments during shop floor hours.
Visitingvarioustradeshows,fashion shows,fabric sales,exhibitions,storelaunches and artevents as per market survey and
updating current trends.
Mentoring and guiding junior designers and interns.
Helped in visual display duringfashion previewof various designers and Studio Mélange.
Pursued design trends and thoughts that are appropriatefor accounts.
Designed Creations worn by eminent celebs, industrialists, socialites,crème de la crème of the society.
Designs published in magazines like “Timeout” Mumbai etc.
• Workingwith other designers or team members to create prototype designs.
• Visitto manufacturingunits when necessary to familiarizewith the production department.
• Perform related administrativetasks.
• Developing complete collection with different lines and ideas to present it to the company (for all the products).
• Train and guide the pattern masters and tailors regardingdesigns and development process.
• To amend all the design presentations.
• Takingapprovals on the designs from management.
• Makingsurethat job deadlines aremet in due time, ensuringthat job quality is nothingshortof the best.
• Responsiblefor all thecommunication by email.
• Presenting and briefingthe work to the management.
• Choosingthe themes, idea and collection for the year.
• Workingwith the marketing and other departments to meet their requirements (photo shoot, social media,posters etc).
• Planningbusiness trip and marketvisits with team.
• Reporting monthly to management on all the projects.
• Creatingand followingproduction plan.
• Keeping archivefor the years for all categories.
TUSPAR FASHION LLP. MUMBAI SEPTEMBER 2012 TO OCTOBER 2015.( 3 YEARS 1 MONTH )PRIVATELY OWNED(15 TO 20 EMPLOYEES)
SENIOR FASHION DESIGNER.
Joined as senior women’s wear fashion designer.Beingthe firstemployee of the company had lots of responsibilities which
needed multi-taskingefforts.Helped in successful launch of the onlinestore after eight months of joining.Initail tasksinvolved
working as a small teamright from coming up with creative and catchynames for brand and website,brain storming,brand logo
designingetc.Meetings with website developers to give inputs aboutwebsite layoutdesign and functions.Meetings with senior
creative directors of other fashion brands likeNitya Arora of Valliyan,Mr Kedar fromSepia ClothingLTD etc for effective inputs
and guidance.Visitingleadinggarmentcompanies and understandingthe work system.Also helpingowners to get other designer
brands on board to sell on website keeping in mind the target market.
Designingclothes and accessories for collectionsevery season for in-housebrand ANONYMOUS CO.COM to display and sell
Research and trend forecast analysisbeforeworking on collections.Created collectionsfor fiveseasons.
Detailed market survey visitingvarious brand outlets and boutiques to know trends on a regular basis.
Regular presentations/reports,research and development about trends,colours,silhouettes,fabrics,prints etc before workingon
collections for next financial year.
Sourcingof tailors,dyers,fabric and trimvendors,master pattern makers,embroiderers ,photographers,models etc
Sourcingof fabrics and trims.
Managingfactory of 3 pattern masters , ten sewers and helpers.Organized work process of
cutting,constructions,finishing,pressingand shippingof merchandise.
Meetings and co-ordination with fabric and trimvendors,dyers,printers,garment production manufacturers,
working closely with merchandisers.
Developing digital and screen prints after researchingprinttrends with the help of graphic designers.
Makingdetailed specification sheets with all required details and creatingcostingsheets of every styleto be produced with
Creating pantone colour charts for every season after researchingon colour trends.
Creating samples workingclosely with head master cutters and sewers.
Taking care of fittings and alterations beforefinalizingthe production.
Creating suitablesizecharts with the help of technical masters.
Representating brand at various exhibitions,fairsand seminars.
Being involved in every phase of production process right from planning,through developingdesigns and
production management.Direct interaction and guidanceto production manufacturers to deliver better finished products .
Fashion styling photoshoots to create various looks every two months to update on website. Workingintensively on stylingof
garments and fashion accessories(productstyling) and thematic photoshoots.Working
Closely with photographers and international models.Takingcareof buying props ,packaging,green room
organizing,pressing,guidingmodels for better performance.Working as a team.
Workingwith owners and head buyers in sourcingphotographers and international top models from modellingagencies like
Anima and Inega model management for photoshoots every season.
Workingwith owners for marketing and brandingplans for e-commerce stores.
Photoshopping,photo-editing and givingspecial effects to photographs to update on portals.
Creating creativee-mailers,sliders,headers,designer pages,discountand sales advertisement graphic
e-mailers,styled look posts for website usingcoral drawand adobesoftwares.
Creating advertisement campaign boards /campaign posts for googleads,facebook pages,twitter ,Amazon.com
Creating interestinginstagramposts usingcreativeways of product display and photoeffects.Promotion of
brand through regular updates on websites likePinterest,Twitter,threeotherthings.com,lookbook,stylepile,
Takingcare of checking,tagging,pressing,folding,packagingand deliveryof finished products to warehouse.
Regularly doingstock inventory and checkingalongwith buyer ,getting damaged products repaired and replaced.
Supervisingperformance of assistantdesigners and interns.Guidingthem through the latestfashion trends.
Doing visual display and merchandisingof products atexhibition stalls.Buyingof props for exhibition stalls,designingand creating
decorative handmade props,display boards,creativedisplay of products,helping
Clients in choosingthe right styles and stylingthem.Represented brand at various prestigiousexhibitions like
Ave29,StylecrackerBorough,Chivalfair,Chic-a-thon,Lakmefashionweek stall etc etc.
Helping owners and head buyers in selectingand introducingnew designer brands into website through visiting Lakme Fashion
Week every season and reporting with detailed analysisof brands.
Selecting and shortlistingof bestpictures to be uploaded on website after editing them usingadobesoftwares.
Regular measurement of clothes and other products ,detailed description of all products and comingup with
Creative names for all jewellery products to be displayed on websites with the help of buyer and marketing manager.
Logo designingand catalogdesigningfor every collection and every season.
Makingcreative and stylized hand made illustrations.
Working as a team with in-housebuyers,marketing and pr executive,merchandiser,IT manager,co-designer
Graphic designer and interns in team related projects and tasks.
Offered ideas to administrator and sales distributingteamof local market to help in increasethe sales.
Regular research on other existinge-commerce stores to stay up-to-date with trends and improvization of website.Research on
other exsistingbrands to introduceinto website.Interaction with other brands .
Assistingand guidingfashion stylists to chooseright products visitingfromagencies likestylecracker,publicationslikeFemina
magazine,CondeNast travellor,Travel and Living,Mid Day ,High Heel Confidentail etc to sourcefashion products for
TVCS,Magazine shoots,Celebrity appearances,Films etc .Worn by celebs likeAlia Bhat,Deepika Padukone and many others.
Sourcingof fashion editors,fashion stylists,fashion bloggers for a suitablecollaboration and association with brand for promotion
and publicity.Creatingfashion posts to provideto social media bloggers and enthusiasts who are hired by the webiste on
Guidingand givingdesign inputs to other brands to make suitablechanges in their designs ,fittings etc to fitin the website.
Market visits to buy tailoringmachinaries alongwith technical pattern master.
Counting and maintainingfabric stocks,trimstocks etc in records with the help of merchandisingand factory team.
Updating factory work details and noting down day-to-day performance of workers in registers and updating itto owners.
Creating swatch files and trimfiles every season and maintainingcounts.
Video conferences/discussionswith owners on their sourcingtrips abroad to help in choosingand finalizing
Visual merchandisingand decoration of officeinteriors with the help of creativeteam.
Designed collection was showcased at LAKME FASHION WEEK SPRING-SUMMER 2014 in association with
Stylecracker styling stall alongwith four other brands representingfive fashion capitalsof the world.The collection was fitinto
HONG KONG sensibility.
Have represented the brand at various exhibitionsrecently likeIMC-Indian Merchants Chamber atWorld trade centre,Mumbai
Fashion Diva Exhibition atBlueSea Worli,Femina Carnival atInorbitMall Goregaon,The Style Loft at Villa 69 Juhu,The Lil Flea at
Bandra Reclamation grounds etc and played vital rolein visual display & merchandising,promotion of brand and sales.
OCTOBER 2015 TO PRESENT (1 YEAR PLUS)
FULL TIME SENIOR FASHION DESIGNER Women’s ethnic wear designer, western,indo-western and fusion wear.
SILVER ART FASHION MUMBAI. LEADING RETAILER AND WHOLESALER (40 TO 50 EMPLOYEES)
Designingwomen’s kurtis,anarkalis,lehengas,cholis,Indian suits,indo-western kurtis,western kurtis,salwar kameez,Punjabi suits,Patiala
tops,kurta dress,anarkali gowns etc.
Range: heavy, medium and mass market.
High fashion and local market.
Expertise in creatingwide range of embroideries likeari work,hand embroidery,machine embroidery,computerized embroidery,dori
work,appliqué,mirror work,laser cutembroidery,zari and zardozi ,
Novelty work, ribbon work, beadwork, stone work, pearl work, patchwork et.
Creating whole of embroidery motifs, khakhas etc ready for embroidery.
Development and designingof prints,digital and screen prints,block prints,hand paintingetc
Execution of samplingand production.
Market survey, sourcing and buying.
Workingclosely with embroiderers.
Development of draped garment patterns, innovativedetailingand patterns,high standard finishingmethods.
Expertise in mix-n-matchingand combiningof fabrics,colours,textures and textiles.
Adding Value to garments by novelty accessories.
* Sketching initial design ideas (industrial design sketch,flatspecs detailed),to use later to create prototypes. Consequently, expressing
vision for the design through illustration.
* Personal clientorders,procuringrawmaterials and managingvariousactivitiesfor brandingand marketing.
* Sourcingvarious fabricsto suitthe specific season.Creatingcolor combination sets (plain,prints,texture, and striper) of approved
samples for production.
* Creatingbalanced color palette after studying forecastingreports,market research/survey,magazines,fashion websites,onlineportals etc
Participation in overall design process startingfromthe interpretation of inspiration to mood boards/look boards/detailing boardsetc .
*Analyzingbuyer's look, designing,sourcing,samplingtill thefinishing,quality control,costing,catalogs,and advertising.
* Timely checkingthe orders to the factories,consideringthecapability,availability & time of delivery.Givingapproval for accessories and
ensuringfollowup upon makingproto sample, and getting it approved from buyer.
* Doingmarket surveys and competitive brand analysis.
* Maintainingand upgradingthequality of product line,product development and diversification.
* Mentoring assistantdesigners/interns and guidingthem through the latestfashion trends in the market.
* Checkingthe fabrics of production fromyarn to garments ensuringstringent quality standardsaccordingto the customer stand ard and
* Monitoring the proto, size set & salesman samples in theoriginal fabric.Checkingall therequirements as per the buyer's order sheet.
*Curating the records of previous collectionsby maintainingrecords accordingly.
* Procuringof raw materials to ensure optimum inventory level and develop costeffective solutions/ substitutes for various rawmaterials.
* Workingin a largeteam. Buildingand maintainingstrongrelationshipswith internal and external customers,vendors and other
departments to facilitatethe flow of goods and related information.
* Producingnew designs accordingto buyer’s needs and co-coordinatingwith team, supervisingand mentoringthem while ensuringthat
deadlines aremet. Responsiblefor required alterations/changes demanded by buyers and store managers.
* Spearheadingefforts across developingnew products. Followingup with customers for the whole cyclefrom development stage to bu lk
delivery stage whileprovidingfull supportin sourcing& development, sampling& fitting,manufacturing& product processing,quality
* To work on yearly plan for all thecategories. Identifying& systematically influencingfactors thatdrivecost.
*Identifying & systematically influencingfactorsthatdrivecost, quality & schedulewhile usingskills& expertisein technical projections.
Handlingoperations for improvement in existingproducts based on market trends & requirements .
*.Detailed study and research on fashion trends to come up with designs that will appeal to consumers.Keeping up to date wi th
* Supervisemarket research through field visits and variousother ways. Adapting at sourcingpotential vendors in compliancewith the
company policies and procedures;developingthe vendors so as to get the supply of the raw materi als atrighttime and at a competitive
* Performing development stage and samplingof new styles whileoverseeing all the aspects of merchandising.Overseeing& comment on
raw materials and productions samples performin-lineinspections,work-in-progress aswell as performingfinal inspectionsof finished
* Presentation of design concepts to the Head of Marketing and strategy Production of samples as per client’s approval and new
development of samples.Keep track of goods as per production planningof products and ensure timely delivery with desired qu ality.
* Dealingpressureof deadlines and working unsocial hours to meet the requirement.
* Travel within the working week to markets, vendors, stores. Fabrics or wholecollection refusal if found not meeting the standards,.
* Designingideas thatare unique, functional and stylish.Decidingwhich ideas to incorporateinto the designs,as exposed to many ideas
* Detail oriented. Havinga good eye for small differences in color and other details thatcan make a design successful.
* Time management. Ability to imbibegood time management and multitaskingskills in executingprojects
* Team management Good managerial skillsto carry other team members along.