Principles of Marketing
Presented by : Abdul Rahman Adeel
Presented to : Sir Mudassir Hussain
Student ID : 59311
• Found in 1877 by the merger of “Anglo Swiss condenced
milk company” and “Farine Lactée Henri Nestlé”.
• A baby food mixture was the core product of Nestle
• Rose it’s production and sales during the last years of
second world war.
• Acquired a number of companies during the 1900s.
• Acquired the ice cream manufacturing company dreyer in
2005 and became the largest ice cream manufacturer of
• Today Nestle is known as the leading food and beverages
organization over the world.
• Operates in 194 countries, has 447 factories and
employees over 333000 people over the world.
• Has the major share in world’s largest cosmetics company
• Was ranked # 1 in the world’s most profitable
organizations in 2011 by the Fortune Global 500.
Getting to know Nestle
Nestle in Pakistan
• Arrived in Pakistan by a joint venture with Milkpak in
• Acquired the company in 1992.
• Subsidiary of Nestle SA ltd. Vevey, Switzerland.
• Operates as a public limited company in Pakistan, listed in
Karachi and Lahore stock exchanges.
• Has corporate head office in Lahore.
• Corporate resident office in Karachi.
• Regional sales offices in 9 cities.
• Employess over 3500 individuals.
• 4 production facilities.
• Started operations for Afghanistan as well.
• Signed the water stewardship agreement with WWF-
• Engages with 190’000 farmers.
• Won awards from Karachi stock exchange and Pakistan
center of philantrophy for it’s remarkable progress and
Mission and Vision Statement
“To positively enhance the quality of life of the people of
Pakistan by all that we do through our people, our brands
and products and our CSV activities.”
Mission and Vision Statement
“Nestlé’s global vision is to be the recognized leading
Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company. Nestlé Pakistan
subscribes fully to this vision of being the number one
Nutrition, Health, and
Wellness Company in Pakistan.
In particular, we envision to;
• Lead a dynamic, motivated and professional workforce
proud of our heritage and positive about the future.
• Meet the nutrition needs of consumers of all ages from
infancy to old age, from nutrition to pleasure, through an
innovative portfolio of branded food and beverage
products of the highest quality.
• Deliver shareholder value through profitable longterm
growth, while continuing to play a significant and
responsible role in the social, economic, and environmental
sectors of Pakistan.”
•Fluctuation of taxes
•High Inflation rate
•Low per person
•Low growth rate of
•Decreasing value of
•Rich and unique
•Exclusive trends and
•Society’s ability to
• Brand Image
• Growing sales and profits
• Marketing expertise
• Trusted quality
• Product availability (Distribution Channel)
• Strong Research and development
• Socially responsible image
• Higher prices
• External sources of raw material
• Increasing demand for healthier food
• Market ready to adapt new trends
• Absense of matching competition
• Possibility to introduce area specific stuff
• Uncertain economic conditions
• Increasing competition
• Food contamination
• Raising prices of raw material
• Unsure law and order situation
Nestle Pure life
Nesle Fruita Vitals
Family life cycle
Maggi Umda Maza
•Nestle Milk Pak
•Nestle Pure Life
•Nestle Fruita Vitals
•Chilled dairy products
•Maggi Umda Maza
Nestle has been earning well for itself and offering
ample returns to the society for over two decades now.
Still growing it’s business and product portfolio as no
competitor has given matching competition yet.
Positioned as the provider of healthiest and nutriest
food in the market.
Has major products in good market strength.
Nestle should focus on developing more new products
and exploring more new markets to retain it’s leading
position in the food industry of Pakistan.