VEGETARIAN• A vegetarian is a person who does not eat anything of which an animal would have been killed for (meat) and they mayperhaps may not wear anything that an animal has been killed from such as leather.• A vegan is someone who will not eat anything that has come from an animal such as meat and fish. They will also not eatthings such as; eggs or drink milk, instead they would eat things such as; fruit, vegetables and pasta.• The companies that produce recipes for vegetarians and vegans are; Quorn, Redwood and the Vegetarian society.• The company Quorn sell food - which can be bought in supermarkets, for vegetarians. They have products from ‘chicken’ ifyou want to make your own meal to made meals. Every product the have is made up from mycoproteins which is a fungusof which is mushrooms.
• This leak and ginger soup would be very suitable for both vegetarians and vegans as it contains no animal produce. I thinkthis soup would be appealing to adults and young adults. I think it may and may not be suitable for children depending ontheir taste.• They layout of the recipe card is simple, however the colours used and the simpleness of it makes it look formal. Thecolours used are suitable for all ages and genders and so this card is not targeted at a specific audience, the whitebackground used on the recipe side of the card is good as it makes it clear and it stands out rather than lots of differentcolours they have chosen two, also with the writing is white for the titles, it is good that they have just chosen two coloursand stuck to them rather than choosing lots of different ones. The colours also go with the image as the image is quitegreen and dark. The font and font size is easy to read, it is not in a font colour and size that you can not see and it is not tobig either. The writing is also spaced out well and not all together in clumps – they have made use of the space well. Theimages are well taken, they are not to dark or blurry they are clear and taken from the right angle so you can see the bowland the soup inside of it, then there is another image but smaller on the recipe side of the card and it is a close up of thesoup. On the recipe card they also have the vegetarian society logo on it in a place where it is easy to see.
• The audience for this would most likely be for adults/young adults to eat and make, as for children they may eat it but it looks abit difficult to make in their situation.• The layout of this card; the recipe side of the card looks quite cramped up with text however it is well spaced out andorganized well with stages being used.This recipe card is clearly meant for Christmas due to the whole design and have used things associated with Christmas suchas the baubles and they have put things in that design such as an image and notes about the recipe. They have also usedcolours and effects associated with Christmas such as silver’s, gold’s and purples, as well as using stars on the pages. Thesecertain parts of the design make the whole recipe card design associate to Christmas. The font is easy to read it is in a formalfont and also it is not to small for people to read as well as being in a sensible coloured font. The image used is clear and notdark or blurry they have photographed it well and to a high standard.
• This recipe card looks quite formal, the background colour is just a simple white and the writing is in a standard black fontwhich is easy to read as it is in an easy to read font and size, the writing is also laid out well and not all cramped up, it is set outin paragraphs all spaced out. Making the recipe card like this insinuates that the audience is for adults as they arent using abig range of colours like they would on childrens recipe cards. The image is just a standard photograph, it isnt an amazingimage but it is photographed well as it is not to dark and not blurry, but the image is quite dull so they could improve it byimproving the lightening and taking the image from a better angle and on a different background to make it more interestingand so it stands out more.• The layout of this recipe card is quite boring but formal, there is nothing that really stands out and grabs people attention,even the photograph does not look that good.
• This recipe card also looks quite formal and is catered for an adults/young adult audience due to the layout of it. The font iswell laid out – a paragraph explaining the recipe, then the method, it is in a formal black font of which it is easy to read and itis well spaced out, the background of the page is white so the page wont be eye catching – however it is for adults and eyecatching colors would be for a much younger audience such as children. The image stands out – it is not to dark and it is clearand it is taken from a good angle.• The whole layout of the card is just a standard layout – the recipe on one side and the image on the other and this is a normalrecipe layout. If the recipe card was for children it would be brightly coloured and in a font and colour which would appeal tothem compared to adults where a recipe card would be set out quite plain and formal.
• This recipe card looks like something from the internet, as if it was from a recipe book it would not look like that as they have aspecific layout for adults which is an image on one page and the recipe on the other side, this is laid out just like a one pageleaflet and all the text is fitted to a small spaced – it has a paragraph about the recipe and the text right underneath with animage right next to it – they have not spaced it out so well.• The image does not look attractive as it is a bit bright which does not compliment the food, to change this they should take itin different lightening and also perhaps taking it on a different background from a different angle may compliment it also. Thetext looks as if it is in different fonts (the paragraph to the text) I think it would be better personally sticking to one font andstyle as well as colour rather than lots of different ones as it is a bit overwhelming – the title is blue in italics then theparagraph I think is in different font and I think the method is also in a different font so this should be change. I think theaudience is most likely for adults as like I said before there is not a big range of colours and no background colour which beused to attract children.
• This recipe card’s audience is aimed at children – you can tell this by the layout, as instead of words being the instructions itis pictures telling you what to do to make it easier for the children. It is a very simple layout, it is clear and spaced out, withpictures being used for instructions you would think that the card would be taken up by them and look messy but it is notthey have thought about the space and used it well.• The images used for the instructions are illustrations and they are created well and they toughly explain the process as forthe end product image that also looks good – it is taken clearly and has no background it is just a simple image so the mainfocus is no the image and there is no distractions for example with the other images on the recipe cards there backgroundswere distracting on some but this is all cropped out. The text used for this recipe card is easy to read for children and not tobig either, it is also is a formal coloured font and the black font stands out from the background. The order of the method isset out well and spaced out so the children cannot get confused when reading the steps.
• This recipe card also looks like it is aimed at children due to the specific layout and the images used as instructions alsosuggest this. The recipe card layout is very simple – images and text are all set out clearly – the spaced has been used well,nothing is cramped up and nothing is to far apart.• The image of the final product is in the top corner and all the attention is drawn away from it as it is in a corner but you canstill see it and it is clear and not to dark. The images being used as instructions are illustrations and are clear and clearlydemonstrate what you have to do. The text is in a simple font which is easy to read as well as being in a suitable style, sizeand colour. The background is plain which is good as the card looks more formal, where as a coloured background wouldlook to much with everything else that is going on in the card.
• I think this recipe card is aimed at children as the card is very simplistic and the fonts used are quite child like and the fontwould be easy to read for them.• There is not a lot to this card as it is very basic. There is a ‘clump’ of text all at the top of the page through to the middle,this shows they have not made a lot of use to the space they could have spaced it out more to take up the whole pagerather than there being a gap at the bottom. The image used is not very useful is might have been better having an image ofsome pancakes of which were laid out nicely on a nice background with lots of colours used (it is hard to tell as it is in blackand white). The fonts used are not very formal, the title of the recipe is a bit to much and doesn’t connect with the wholecard making it look a little out of place, it also would have been useful to put all the ingredients at the top of the pagebefore the recipe as they can get all the ingredients ready, also the page will have been in the correct order rather thanputting it in with it the rest of the text half way through the recipe as it may confuse them – the only good thing about it is itis in bold so you can spot it straight away. The text overall (minus the title) is easy to read and in a sensible size and colour.