Business Analysis has been said to be part art, part science. Is the Business Analyst better served to have the hard skills or the soft skills? Must the Business Analyst have industry knowledge? Should the Business Analyst be a Subject Matter Expert? Do the skills needed change for an Agile project vs. Waterfall project? These are some of the questions we will investigate and answer. This audience participation, open discussion presentation will dive into these issues and look at which soft skills the Business Analyst should have to be effective. We will see which soft skills can help the Business Analyst compensate for lack of industrial knowledge as they grow in that knowledge area.
* Which key soft skills are truly important for the Business Analyst.
* How to effectively measure a Business Analyst in several key areas.
* How to quickly gain needed knowledge in several areas.
* How to win over an uncooperative Business Stakeholder.
* What skills are necessary for Agile practitioners.