10 Reasons why LinkedIn should be a part of your Digital Strategy
Image sourced from: http://www.ckca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/linkedin_version-2.png
LinkedIn’s Value Proposition
• The platform to build and establish your
• The ability to grow and nurture a professional
network with like-minded professionals and industry
• The ability to share information, knowledge and
data in relevant circles.
LinkedIn’s User Demographics
With over 270 million members, LinkedIn is the #1
platform for businesses to effectively advertise. As a
B2B generation tool, LinkedIn lets you target with pin-
pointed accuracy to the best possible audience for
your brand’s products/services.
Infographic sourced from www.marketingmojo.com
3 Ways Organizations can use LinkedIn
• To effectively recruit new talent
• To announce product developments and launches
within the industry.
• LinkedIn is great for businesses to improve their
online search visibility and credibility.
Best time to post content on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is known to be an effective aggregator in
terms of providing users with relevant, industry-related
information. Brands can use this to their advantage by
being providers of that information.
• The best time to post content on LinkedIn is
morning and mid-day on Mondays through Fridays.
• It is also wise to post at least 20 times in a month.
• Lead Generation: LinkedIn has proved itself to be hotspot
for potential clients.
• Quality Business Exposure: Being the largest
professional network, having a business page on
LinkedIn is a great way to showcase and gain attention
for a business.
• Higher Level of Credibility: Because of the ‘endorsing’
and ‘recommendations’, product launches,
developments, announcements are more credible on
LinkedIn, which is ideal for any business.
Analytics Tools for LinkedIn
• SimplyMeasured: This tool allows managers to
measure their brand’s overall performance on the
platform and see which LinkedIn posts are driving
engagement and see the network size and
demographics of key influencers interacting with
• Quintly: This tool measures a brand’s follower
analysis, content performance analysis, interaction
feedback and job updates integration.
B2B & LinkedIn
• LinkedIn is a goldmine for B2B brands to get their
message across. 80% of B2B marketers advertise on
LinkedIn compared to 56% of B2C marketers, and 66% of
B2B marketers plan to increase their LinkedIn ad spend.
Brands using LinkedIn
• Evernote uses their LinkedIn
page to post updates,
and links all the content back
to their blog and website.
This has allowed them to
increase traffic by a
resulting in more people
downloading and using their
• LinkedIn has free and premium account versions.
• The free account allows users to set up their
accounts and grow their network.
• The premium versions are set up to satisfy specific
types of users such as Job Seeker (CA$30.99),
Sales Navigator (CA$69.99), Recruiter Lite
(CA$99.95), Business Plus (CA$49.99) and
LinkedIn Learning (CA$25.99).
Resources to help you get started
The following link will help you get your brand up and
running on LinkedIn: