A A R O N N U R R E
808-283-7797 • AaronNurre@live.com • 27027 216th
Street • Earlville, IA 52041
A highly-trained and results-oriented construction professional with 10 years of hands-on industry experience.
RON KOELKER EXCAVATING, IOWA 03/2008 – 12/2009 and 03/2015 – present
Foreman / Equipment Operator / Laborer
• Works with high-end builders to excavate residential properties.
• Surveys, measures, and lays out plans to determine placement of building projects.
• Operates dump truck and triple-axle trailer, and transports equipment and material.
• Excavates basements, installs water and sewer services, backfills around walls, and completes final yard finish grading.
• Inspects blueprints to determine various aspects of structure.
• Able to read and understand project scheduling, engineer plans, and project owner specifications.
• Knowledgeable of OSHA and MSHA regulations.
• Possesses the ability to work independently and make decisions.
C.J. MOYNA & SONS EXCAVATING, IOWA 03/2001 – 12/2007
Foreman / Surveyor / Operator
• Excavated large commercial properties and highway infrastructures.
• Performed slope excavations and constructed waterways, lagoons, landfills, riprap, rock flumes, and airport runways.
• Planned and lead all operations, as well as recruited and trained personnel.
• Administered and assured project safety by scheduling monthly safety meetings.
• Developed, directed, and managed weekly job schedules for crews, equipment maintenance, and project materials.
• Coordinated and prepared detailed work plans with sub-contractors, suppliers, and engineers.
• Knowledgeable in transits, eye-levels, laser grading, machine control, and Trimble Global Positioning Systems.
• Experienced with loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, screeners, excavators, and rock-crushing machinery.
• Reads and understands grade-setting and possesses knowledge of soil types.
• Provided feedback on equipment operation to Caterpillar engineers, assisting in the improvement of machinery design.
• Provided design input and feedback to company owner who was inventing and manufacturing machinery.
IOWA PIPELINE ASSOCIATION, IOWA 03/2000 – 03/2001
Heavy Equipment Operator / Laborer
• Operated heavy equipment safely near existing utilities such as high voltage electrical, high pressure pipelines, and
infrastructure without causing damage to other utilities or structures.
• Installed natural gas pipelines.
• Performed daily safety and maintenance checks and advised appropriate personnel of any necessary repairs.
• Cleaned, maintained, and secured all equipment.
• Served as a laborer and assisted the equipment operator as well as the pipe welder.
Kirkwood Community College Cedar Rapids, Iowa 08/1997 - 05/1999
Associates Degree: Horticulture, Grounds and Turf Management
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) with tanker
• Possesses a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate