We are living through a psychedelic renaissance. Spearheaded by academic research and increasingly of interest to media, government and business, substances like psilocybin, LSD and MDMA are returning to our culture after a 40+ year hiatus.
So why all the excitement? How much of this is hype, and how much is potential for real positive impact?
This presentation is about ways psychedelics may be able to do a lot of good. It covers:
- Current efforts towards psychedelic mainstreaming (an overview of the landscape)
- The problems of trauma, depression, anxiety, and addiction, and how psychedelics can help
- How psychedelics might change our personality traits and values
- Long-termist arguments for why psychedelics could improve the future of human health, wellbeing, and flourishing
- What Aaron is working on in the psychedelic space
Learn more about Aaron here: https://anesmithbeck.com
First link in the presentation that doesn't work on SlideShare: https://psychedelic.support/resources/how-to-join-psychedelic-clinical-trial/