Make share files between windows and vm virtual box recorded by aaron
Make share-files between Windows and VM VirtualBox recorded by Aaron
[ http://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhan ]
1. In the VM VirtualBox, select the “Devices - > Install Guest Additions…” to install the needed
package, and restart the VM.
2. In the windows, new a file “~/E:/share-vm”, right click to open the “properties of the file”, select
the item “share”, select the “share” button.
In the “file share” window, select the target user in the user-list, and confirm,
3. Go into the VirtualBox manager home, select “Settings -> Shared Folders”, add a share file,
In the “Folder Path”, select “Other…”; in the jumped out window, select the “E:/share-vm” file and
Select the properties “Auto-mount” and “Make Permanent” as below.
Now, it will show below path, and confirm it:
4. Go to the home folder of the VM VirtualBox, new a file “~/Aaron/share-E”:
5. Open the cmd window in VM, type the following command to link the two files:
6. Testing. If you put one pdf document in the Windows directory “E:/share-vm”, it appears also in
the virtualbox now under “~/Aaron/share-E”: