Manda Institute Of Technology
An IT seminar by
What Is a Cyborg?
• Cyborg is abbreviation of Cybernatic
• The Cybernatic Organism which is having
organic and mechanical part and functioned
• It started with Human and Computer
Role of Cyborg in Computer Science
Computer Science is the only Science that can
let us see things like Light. Inventing tools to
improve our senses is almost a defining feature
of being human. Cyborg is a part of artificial
intelligence and it is a science that profits the
human being as well as the universal territory.
Prosthesis and C-leg system is the latest
invension in medical science as a individual
cyborg. It is used to replace human legs.
Now any missing body part can be replaced.
The US-based company Backyard Brains
released the world’s first cyborg named
More broadly, the full term "cybernetic
organism" is used to describe larger networks
of communication and control. For example,
cities, networks of roads, networks of
software, corporations, markets,
governments, and the collection of these
• A Simple RFID transmitter being implanted in
Mr. Warwick’s skin.
• It doesn’t carry any battery but it receives
power through coil.
• And after that he used to control doors,
lights, heaters and other computer-
controlled devices based on his proximity.
• The main purpose of this experiment was to
test the limit of the body would accept and
how easy it would be to receive a meaningful
signal from the chip.
• In 2002 a one hundred electrode array was
surgically implanted into the median nerve
fibres of the left arm of Professor Kevin
• A number of experiments have been carried
out using the signals detected by the array.
• As a result of this professor warwick was able
to control light, electric wheel chair and an
intelligent artificial hand.
How it Can be helpful?:
• It gives you a unique code.
• It is quite possible for an implant to replace an
Access, Visa or bankers card
• An implant could carry huge amounts of data
on an individual, such as National Insurance
number and blood type, blood pressure
• clocked in and out of office automatically.
• Find the exact location of the person in the
Cyborg proliferation in society
• In finance
• In military
• In medicine
• In art
• In body modifications
• In popular culture
• Cyborgization in critical deaf studies