• Around 15 years of rich technical experience
• SeniorTechnical Architect with Pitney Bowes
• Extensive experience in Software Architecture, Design, Development and
PerformanceTesting and Optimization
• Several forums, conferences and lectures at universities including Delhi University
• Gold Medalist in Graduate and Post Graduate Courses both from Delhi University
• “ACT” of “CREATING” Something…
Pic Courtesy: hollywoodsapiens.com
3 ‘W’ and 1 ‘H’
• “W”HAT to virtualize
• “W”HY to virtualize
• “W”HEN to virtualize
• “H”OW to virtualize
• Time constraint
• Access constraint
• Availability constraint
Services and systems that are
• Enterprise SOA initiatives
• Ever evolving complex services
• Mainframe based servicesComplex Enterprise Services
•Ability to start development despite interface unavailability
•Reduced cycle time for test execution
•Improved unit testing
•Improved code quality due to increased test coverage.
•Allows to detect issues well in time and much earlier in the SDLC.
Provides Development with a "Live-Like"
•Increased speed for development and testing
•Enables true Agile responsiveness with CI and builds around test results and business requirements.
•Promotes fixing the issues much ahead rather than in production.
•Higher Quality and Specification- wise accurate delivery.
Enables Parallel Development and Testing
•Reduced cost of pre-production infrastructure
•Eliminates service costs and fees of accessing remote systems.
Supports Heterogeneous Technology and
•Reduced time spent in data setups and resets.
•No conflicts over test data or invalidation of other team’s activities by overwriting or changing their
Virtualizes Test Data for out of scope
• Not yet completed
• Still evolving
• Controlled by a third-party or partner
• Available for testing only in limited capacity or at inconvenient times
• Difficult to provision or configure in a test environment
• Needed for simultaneous access by different teams with varied test data setup and
•Finalize the approach
to virtualize and
manage the input and
output data for the
•Implementation of the
with selected tools.
•Identify the potential
•Deploy and manage
the virtual service and
refine the next set of
requirements from the
• SUT Recording
• Request Response Pairs
API not yet
• Artificial Request Reponse Pairs
• Dev Test Recording
• Request Response Pairs
• CA ServiceVirtualization (formerlyCA LISA)
• IBM RationalTestVirtualization Server
• HP ServiceVirtualization