LOOKING BACK AT YOUR PRELIMINARY
TASK, WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU HAVE
LEARNT IN THE PROGRESSION FROM IT
TO FULL PRODUCT?
What have you learnt about codes and
conventions from prelim to now?
• I have learnt that the codes and conventions of a
magazine are the same with any genre of magazine
(music mag and school mag).
• Each magazine has all the features that would typically be
in a magazine.
• Depending on the style of the magazine, the main
image/model(s) are represented in a stereotype, to gain
• A code I found that was the same in most magazines was
the shot type of the main image, it was normally mid shot
cutting artists of at the leg.
What have I learnt about time
• I have learnt that you have to be on top of the work that is
• You can’t leave too many tasks unfinished otherwise you
will have lots to do by the set deadline.
• The evaluation questions have probably been the most
challenging because they are all very detailed and need
to be in by the same deadline.
• You can only achieve good time management if you put
the extra time in, in your own time, not just in lessons.
• I felt I had better time management with this main task
compared to my prelim.
What have I learnt about creative
• I have had to be creative with this task and think outside
the box a little as the more creative I am with presenting
my work, the more marks I will get.
• I haven’t really struggled with my creative skills as that’s
what I am best at.
• I presented all my work either on the computer using my
ICT skills or presenting it on paper, scanning it in to the
• I was more creative with the main task as I had a bit more
time and was allowed to use different platforms and
What have I learnt about technical
• I learnt how to use different software's e.g. Photoshop,
• I also learnt how to present my work differently e.g.
Emaze, Prezi and Powtoon.
• I used different equiptment such as; camera, tripod, USB.